Menu

I'd rather be in labor

at least at the end of labor you have a sweet baby.

Golytely is vile and this process is taking forever because I keep vomiting the nasty stuff back up.

There has got to be a better way. I will not do this again. My dr. will have to give me an alternative if there's to be a next time.

How much of this awful poison do I have to drink?!

I get to do prep on Thursday. Fun! :glare:

However, I have a GI who does a different prep and still gets good visuals. Check with your doctor for next time... or ask around and get a different doctor!

Day before procedure... liquid diet only - with restrictions... all fluids must be clear... nothing with red or purple coloring. Nothing cloudy (no oj or pineapple juice).

I've just bought bunches of apple juice, white grape juice, gatorade, and sodas. Last time I heated up chicken broth at one point to have a different flavor!

Then throughout the day at appointed times:

2 Ducolax tablets

1 10oz magnesium citrate

2 Ducolax

1 10oz mag. cit.

That's it!

Nothing after midnight - no water or anything.

Did the prep last year and it wasn't fun but it wasn't as miserable as I thought it'd be.

This year I'll be doing it while having to feed my son since my husband's out of town. Humbug. It was supposed to be my day off to just read and sit on the couch (or elsewhere).

It definitely sounds like this prep is so much better than the ill-named other stuff. :D

Good luck!

You'll get the sleep tomorrow.

Don't fight any drugs for sedation.

I remember very little about the day of the procedure... but some friends do remember my drugged phone calls :)

I didn't make phone calls but I do remember lots of sleeping and wondering how I got home. My grandmother picked me up, I didn't drive myself!