Menu

Favorite games for x-box kinect

We bought an x-box kinect for the kids for Christmas. We've never had a gaming system. We've really been opposed to up till now, but we are moving to a much colder climate and know the long winter will be hard on us. Dh and I decided to invest in one to help burn some of the energy to boys have when cooped up. I am such a novice though. I have no idea what games to start with.

I need some tried and true recommendations. :bigear:

We have a used x-Box, waiting in the basement for my nephew to loan us his kinect....so far I have been looking at Amazon and thoroughly reading reviews from folks who have bought and used the thing. You should do that, too - it is very helpful! ( I will also keep an eye on this thread, now, too.... ;-)

our kids (6 and 4) love fruit ninjia -- it was a free down load DH found. silly but good for getting the body moving

we are getting Brain Body Connect for them for christmas http://www.amazon.com/Body-Brain-Connection-Xbox-360/dp/B0049PBOKW --- some of it is gonna be too old for them -- buttttttt there are some cool aspects to it -- i downloaded the free trial and it is everything i want -- whole body combined with thinking and learning -- great for my 2 and their needs.

also fun and educational :D:D:D:D:D things Momma loves ----

we have only the 360 kinect for the boys to "game on" -- all the games are full body action and even my 6 yo can play them because in MOST of them you do a certain "path" or "course" and you do not die -- you just get no score -- well he don't get that -- he is proud of a 30 :001_smile: -- but he doesn't die every 30 seconds, yk?

we feel our boys are too yung for 'viedo games' -- but the 360 is differnt -- it is the entrie body and there is a lot of 'connection' going on -- imo, for mine -- as the learn to move their body to go the game.

My fav is the bubble game on the disc that came with ours

our kids (6 and 4) love fruit ninjia -- it was a free down load DH found. silly but good for getting the body moving

we are getting Brain Body Connect for them for christmas http://www.amazon.com/Body-Brain-Connection-Xbox-360/dp/B0049PBOKW --- some of it is gonna be too old for them -- buttttttt there are some cool aspects to it -- i downloaded the free trial and it is everything i want -- whole body combined with thinking and learning -- great for my 2 and their needs.

we have only the 360 kinect for the boys to "game on" -- all the games are full body action and even my 6 yo can play them because in MOST of them you do a certain "path" or "course" and you do not die -- you just get no score -- well he don't get that -- he is proud of a 30 :001_smile: -- but he doesn't die every 30 seconds, yk?

we feel our boys are too yung for 'viedo games' -- but the 360 is differnt -- it is the entrie body and there is a lot of 'connection' going on -- imo, for mine -- as the learn to move their body to go the game.

My fav is the bubble game on the disc that came with ours

The Brain and Body Game looks good. I haven't seen that one! Another choice....ugh!:001_huh:

This looks good. Thanks! My kids are getting the xbox 360 kinect this year and I was looking for good games. The xbox comes with Carnival and Adventure park (which I don't know much about) but the Brain Body Connect looks better and educational to boot!

This is what I'm planning (my kids are almost 8 and newly 5, so youngish for Kinect IMO).

-Disneyland game (found for $20 at Best Buy)

-Kinect Sports (the original). Waiting to see if there's a sale or price drop over the next week

-Fantastic Pets (I read this allows two players to play with one person's pet at the same time, which I think Kinectimals does not? With F.P., apparently each kid can have "their" pet, but they can't play with both at the same time. However, the two kids can apparently play with one of their pets together, if that makes sense).

-I bought myself Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2012 for 35 bucks. The zumba game for kinect doesn't get great reviews but apparently a different zumba's coming out soon, so I may pick that up eventually.

-Probably a dance game (maybe mostly for me too :D)

-considering something like Minute to Win It. I would like something perhaps the grandparents (in their mid 60s) can "play" on the kinect with the kids. Some of the games are too physical for the grands LOL.

dd works for x-box live as a dba. she "has" to play games at work - so she'll know what the problems are. (she was never a gamer). she fell in love with fruit ninja, and went and bought a kinect so she could play it at home.

3ds LOVES it. there is so much upper body movement, it's good for him.

I'm actually looking at what other games would be good for his aspie/sensory self.

Edited by gardenmom5