Menu

What do you wear between maternity & normal clothes?

I had to cross a busy intersection the other day, & oh my. My maternity clothes are bigger than I thought. I did manage to hold them ON, lol, but I've been looking at the bigger non-maternity sizes in my closet since then.

Too-little maternity clothes are still too little--something in the hips has changed, & they're just not fitting. Big non-maternity clothes are awfully tight in the waist, although the hips are fine. :glare:

So short of sitting around in pajamas (which also don't fit!), what do YOU do after a baby? Fwiw--I do the same thing every time: realize that nothing fits, feel fat & despondent, & eventually wear what I've got. It just takes longer than I want it to, & this time it's occurred to me that maybe there's another choice: a 3rd size of clothes. The mashed-potato shaped ones. :lol:

How about the maternity belly band thingys. My DIL wore them when she first got pregnant over her regular jeans. That way she dind't have to button them and there was somethign covering up that expanding belly. That way the too short shirts looked right in style too.

I made her a couple out of stretchy knit. It is basically an oversized tube.

How about the maternity belly band thingys. My DIL wore them when she first got pregnant over her regular jeans. That way she dind't have to button them and there was somethign covering up that expanding belly. That way the too short shirts looked right in style too.

I made her a couple out of stretchy knit. It is basically an oversized tube.

I have some of these that I made. I wear them at the end of pg when the shirts & pants don't meet any more because my 10lb babies stick straight out.

They're too big to make me feel *covered,* though, when I'm not pg. I guess I could make more...I just don't want to! :lol:

I have some of these that I made. I wear them at the end of pg when the shirts & pants don't meet any more because my 10lb babies stick straight out.

They're too big to make me feel *covered,* though, when I'm not pg. I guess I could make more...I just don't want to! :lol:

Alter them. I mean, they are just a band, take a seam up the side and it's suddenly smaller. If they are too long, hem it.

I know it's easy for me to say..I have time. Mail them to me and I will fix them. :001_smile:

Alter them. I mean, they are just a band, take a seam up the side and it's suddenly smaller. If they are too long, hem it.

I know it's easy for me to say..I have time. Mail them to me and I will fix them. :001_smile:

They're ugly! And my pants that fit in the hips don't zip, so I don't think these would help. The ones that zip...wow. They're way too small.

And if I adjust them...then they won't fit if...well, I can't say it.

And I don't know where my sewing machine is. And I've got curtains that need to be made asap. (We've rearranged all the furniture so the kids can be in a separate room, but building a "wall" for that room entails giant curtains...)

Apparently, what I really want is to whine about it. :lol: I might put them in someone else's mending pile, though, & see what happens...:D

I had to cross a busy intersection the other day, & oh my. My maternity clothes are bigger than I thought. I did manage to hold them ON, lol, but I've been looking at the bigger non-maternity sizes in my closet since then.

Too-little maternity clothes are still too little--something in the hips has changed, & they're just not fitting. Big non-maternity clothes are awfully tight in the waist, although the hips are fine. :glare:

So short of sitting around in pajamas (which also don't fit!), what do YOU do after a baby? Fwiw--I do the same thing every time: realize that nothing fits, feel fat & despondent, & eventually wear what I've got. It just takes longer than I want it to, & this time it's occurred to me that maybe there's another choice: a 3rd size of clothes. The mashed-potato shaped ones. :lol:

I went out and bought an "emergency pair of jeans". One in a size that fit now and the future when I lost more weight and got into my regular clothes, out they'd go. I usually went to the cheapest store in town to buy them too.

Ok I'll say it, I wear scrubs. All. the. time. Love 'em. Gain 5 lbs, they fit --lose 5 lbs, they fit. Add a turtle neck and voila--winterized! They don't hold stains and wash and dry easily. They have pockets for dry erase markers and my telephone. (I have 6 sets of these). Wear them to the store and people wonder about what you "really" do. I almost got out of a speeding ticket when the PO asked if I was a Dr--I was honest and said no--I got a ticket, but he went easy on me since he knew I could have lied. :D

Lara

Ok I'll say it, I wear scrubs. All. the. time. Love 'em. Gain 5 lbs, they fit --lose 5 lbs, they fit. Add a turtle neck and voila--winterized! They don't hold stains and wash and dry easily. They have pockets for dry erase markers and my telephone. (I have 6 sets of these). Wear them to the store and people wonder about what you "really" do. I almost got out of a speeding ticket when the PO asked if I was a Dr--I was honest and said no--I got a ticket, but he went easy on me since he knew I could have lied. :D

Lara

My scrubs are too little. :( But they *almost* fit.

When #4 was little, I had him in a sling. A neighbor kid came up & asked me if I was nursing. I was SHOCKED, until I realized I was wearing scrubs, English was not his 1st language, & he meant, "Are you a nurse?" :lol: