Menu

Large and CHEAP magnet board - great for AAS

KristenR

I wrote about it before wondering if anyone had attempted this with an oil drip pan. I wanted to follow up for those that are interested. Not bad for under ten bucks!! My girls and I love it. It has lots of untapped potential. My head is spinning with ideas.

I haven't attempted to write on it with dry erase markers but I'm thinking of giving it a try. I'm hoping it will come off easily enough... maybe with a spray?!?

Edited by KristenR

HAHAH I am so absent minded. When I started writing the post I had every intention of putting that information. Thanks for the reminder. I just updated the blog post and gave a link to the Velcro strips I used. They worked like a charm! Easy-peasy to do. :D

Ooo, that looks really sharp!!! I wanted so much to do one, had the exact spot all figured out, and just couldn't figure out the justification. :) But you're right, it's perfect for the AAS tiles, good thinking!!! Now to get my punkin just a little bit older so he can do that. Your dd is cute as can be! :)

Ooo, that looks really sharp!!! I wanted so much to do one, had the exact spot all figured out, and just couldn't figure out the justification. :) But you're right, it's perfect for the AAS tiles, good thinking!!! Now to get my punkin just a little bit older so he can do that. Your dd is cute as can be! :)

Thanks! I used to have these large magnet letters (I think they were from a LeapFrog fridge game) but unfortunately I gave them away. Now I am thinking those would be perfect for my younger two. There are other options though. Cheap ones like these. Or then again- why stop at letters. I saw this Planet set at a local museum and put it on my wish list. They also have a base ten set. I'm trying to justify this though because we have an actual base ten set so I don't really think I need the magnetic ones:glare:. But it just looks fun and might be nice to whip out for something different.

YAY!! It works! :lol:

Scratch that last one!! I just used a red dry erase marker and BOY did that take a lot of elbow grease to get off. :glare: It still left a faint impression of what we had written. DH says he can't see it :001_huh:.. but I do.

Ggrrrr..

Oh well. Live and learn.

I saw a puzzle that had been backed with magnets, that might be a nice distraction for little ones...

I wonder if you could come up with a series of "chutes" made of pvc pipe lengths (perhaps with some fittings) and then magnets glued on to make a "Marble Run" on there. I'm not sure about educational value of that one, but it might be fun! I might use super balls instead of marbles - or beans if you were over a piece of carpet to keep them somewhat contained. With beans you could fashion a balance pretty easily, or add in a pinwheel..... Hmmm...

:001_smile:

Scratch that last one!! I just used a red dry erase marker and BOY did that take a lot of elbow grease to get off. :glare: It still left a faint impression of what we had written. DH says he can't see it :001_huh:.. but I do.

Ggrrrr..

Oh well. Live and learn.

Try rubbing alcohol to get it off.

I saw a puzzle that had been backed with magnets, that might be a nice distraction for little ones...

I wonder if you could come up with a series of "chutes" made of pvc pipe lengths (perhaps with some fittings) and then magnets glued on to make a "Marble Run" on there. I'm not sure about educational value of that one, but it might be fun! I might use super balls instead of marbles - or beans if you were over a piece of carpet to keep them somewhat contained. With beans you could fashion a balance pretty easily, or add in a pinwheel..... Hmmm...

:001_smile:

Now THAT would be fun! You got my head spinning with ideas. And for under 10 bucks I don't mind attempting crazy and new ideas. I can easily pick up another... :)

I have seen these pans previously, and my plan was to prime and paint it with home-made chalkboard paint. Basically it would be an inexpensive, magnetic chalkboard.

Oh! Let me know how that works if you get around to doing it soon. Or then again- I might just add some of that paint on my wishlist.... :001_smile: