Menu

Anyone know anything about the LDSEHE conference?

SWB's speaking there next year, and it's within easy driving distance for me, so I took a peek at the topics from last year's conference on their site. The topics sounded very appealing. This feels like a stupid question, but would I be welcome to attend if I'm not LDS? It doesn't bother me, but I don't know if, in theory, it might bother others.

Just kicking around conference attendances for next year :D TIA for any insight you might have!

Well I live on the wrong side of the country to go, or I'd offer to be your buddy! But no, I don't think anyone could possibly care. I'm sure you'd be welcome. (How would they even tell? We don't wear buttons! :)) The only thing I'd say to be prepared for is the Mormonspeak, which won't be terrible or anything--it's just that we have a different vocabulary than, say, Evangelicals do. Oh, and wear something that isn't entirely sleeveless--no one would be shocked or anything, but you might feel like you stood out.

Well I live on the wrong side of the country to go, or I'd offer to be your buddy! But no, I don't think anyone could possibly care. I'm sure you'd be welcome. (How would they even tell? We don't wear buttons! :))

Aw, that would be fun!

:lol: I know, I thought that too. But then I felt bad about "sneaking in" if it was meant to be more exclusive for some reason--which I found very hard to actually imagine, but I'd hate to offend!

Thanks to both of you!

Now I'm jealous that there's an LDS HSing conference & it's got SWB but it's not in Utah. How in the world did that happen? :lol::lol::lol:

We don't bite, honest. :tongue_smilie:

Yeah. *sigh* I'll be in my last month of pregnancy, which would be a bad time to fly across the country--especially considering that my last four babies came 1.5-3 weeks early. :tongue_smilie:

Now I'm jealous that there's an LDS HSing conference & it's got SWB but it's not in Utah. How in the world did that happen? :lol::lol::lol:

We don't bite, honest. :tongue_smilie:

Well, that is NOT what I heard! :tongue_smilie:

OP,

where did you find the line-up for 2012? I looked on the website and didn't see a list of speakers.

I didn't. I only know Susan is speaking there in 2012, and I looked at the 2011 line-up on their site. Many of the sessions they had listed sounded appealing to me, so I thought it might be worth checking out. Of course, now I'm looking at the PHP sessions in February, the Hainesport NJ presentation in March, the VA HSers conference in March, the LDSEHE conference in May, and the Northeast conference in June. I'm pretty sure at least one of those will have to go :lol:

I would just be prepared for lots of prayers at the beginning of every session that may sound a little funny to you. But otherwise if you are interested come and enjoy. It looks like you could even just do the Wednesday sessions. I really really really want to go...so now I just have to convince my dh!