Menu

Warm tights for me?

I love the ones I got at Hanna Andersson. I don't know if these are exactly like the ones I have, which are very thick, because I haven't purchased any for a while. Also, their wool socks are the absolute best!

I found some tights at TJMaxx that I also wear a lot. Our church is kept so cold during the service that I either need heavy tights or a blanket thrown over my legs if I wear a dress to church.

The Vermont Country Store has merino tights that are warm and not itchy.

I second the leggings suggestion, though. I wear leggings and boots under skirts all winter. And it doesn't get nearly a cold here as it does there. You want the lighter weight, snug ones, though, not the ones intended to replace pants with a tunic top.

I wear dresses daily. On regular winter days I wear capri leggings and smooth-knit knee socks under them. On very cold ones I wear silk underwear bottoms with wool tights from Vermont Country Store over them so the tights will not be itchy. On a super, super cold day (like if we are going to go to Leavenworth, WA and be outside all day), I have been known to throw on leggings and a second pair of socks over THAT.

These measures are usually sufficient to keep me toasty under any dress. Oh, and for winter, I wear a lot of denim and corduroy that cut wind pretty well.

A question for those of you who suggested leggings: Do you wear these with knee-length skirts (so that they are peeking out between the boots and the skirt)? Or do you only wear leggings with a longer skirts (so that the leggings aren't showing)?

Thank you for all these suggestions, everyone. And, I especially appreciate the links.

I love the ones I got at Hanna Andersson. I don't know if these are exactly like the ones I have, which are very thick, because I haven't purchased any for a while. Also, their wool socks are the absolute best!

Ooooh, nice. These are on sale for a decent price. Thanks!

Our church is kept so cold during the service that I either need heavy tights or a blanket thrown over my legs if I wear a dress to church.

Exactly. This is my problem, too.

I bought my daughter levante wool tights from Mytights.com she never complained about them itching, and she was wearing them everyday in the winter. Most places I found were in the UK. I also needed tall sizes, and levante was one of the few I found that offered them in wool.

plain, ribbed, and colors.