Menu

Why does my toddler smell like vinegar?

I have a 2 year old who sweats alot during naps. Her pillow is usually soaked with sweat. Does anyone know why her hair and skin would smell like vinegar? She's healthy, meets all the milestones, eats and drinks normally - no medical concerns. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Thanks for your posts. Her main source of protein is cow's milk. Could it be a result of a milk allergy? Her older sister has a milk allergy and the rest of us switched to rice milk. I was waiting until she got a little older to switch her to rice milk.

She doesn't have any of the symptoms for juvenile diabetes. I was concerned about that, too. We also don't have any family history of diabetes. She definitely smells more acidic than sweet.

...... We also don't have any family history of diabetes. She definitely smells more acidic than sweet.

There doesn't need to be a family history of diabetes. At 10 my niece was diagnosed with type 1 and there is no family history of diabetes.