Menu

My last common app question, I hope - transcript.

So, I got my transcript with course descriptions uploaded and submitted the school forms. However, on the Homeschool Supplement, they have a transcript form to fill out. I would just re-enter the information, but there is only room for 4 classes per subject and, in some subjects, we have lots more than that due to dual enrollment at our local LAC and some smaller interest area classes. When I went to save it, I did not get an error message for not filling that in. Can I skip that part and go ahead and submit it since the transcript is elsewhere?

School profile is all I have left after this, Yay!

So what I ended up doing is putting "Official Transcript and detailed course descriptions included in the Secondary School Report" into the Grading section, which is right above the transcript section. It seemed to work. Finishing the school profile right now and should have it ready shortly. I can see light at the end of the tunnel!

Huzzah!

We had the same problem with the Homeschool supplement. One of the colleges to which my son applied has an administrator who sits on the Common App committee. The homeschool coordinator for this school said that she was bringing my complaint to this administrator to deliver to the committee. It was her experience that homeschoolers rarely fit into those little boxes so she agreed that asking them to do so led to more confusion that helpfulness.

Now good luck on the acceptances!

Jane

We uploaded some home school info. in the additional information section. We have an umbrella school so they did the school report and the transcript. ?????Did anyone else have a problem getting a print preview of the application????? I couldn't even see if my TE made it. We used Safari and Firefox browsers and neither would allow us to see a nice preview of the main common app. We were able to see some of the supplements. We just trust in the cybergods....who I do not really trust, but have to.

We filled out a non-common-app school application...it was even more cryptic. Fingers crossed there as well.

Only 5 more to go. Two for 11/15 and then the other 3 for that nice traditional date of 1/1!!!!

Did anyone else have a problem getting a print preview of the application????? I couldn't even see if my TE made it. We used Safari and Firefox browsers and neither would allow us to see a nice preview of the main common app.

Firefox worked fine for us to see previews of everything. We had to have it signed first, which I didn't want to do, but it was a requirement to see it.