Menu

Is anyone watching the new show Revenge?

I like it, too. I'm not quite caught up (I still have last week's episode on my DVR), but I've found it soapy and entertaining without being moronic. It is also making me want to re-read Count of Monte Cristo, as I'm not remembering it well enough to catch all the allusions.

It seems like each episode she is ruining (seeking revenge) one person who has caused her pain. I wonder how long that can last before the whole cast is gone. :tongue_smilie: I really didn't think I'd like the show and just watched the pilot because my friend was (nicely) pressuring me. I was hooked after the pilot and that rarely happens with me. Jury is still out, but, so far, so good.

I'm watching it. I'm finding it quite intriguing. How is it connected with The Count of Monte Cristo?

As I understand it, Revenge is supposed to be a loose interpretation of the story. Emily/Amanda is in a similar position to Dantes, and her actions often reflect something that happened in the book. For example, [in white to avoid spoiling] Dantes manipulated the bond market to take down Danglars, and Emily used a similar tactic on Uncle Hedge Fund.

Edited by Belacqua