Menu

Scholastic free 'Plimoth Plantation Virtual Field Trip' registration....

Beth in SW WA

When I clicked on the link provided by the OP, I end up on the scholastic page called The First Thanksgiving. There are three pictures underneath: Tour the Pilgrim Village Now, Tour the Wampanoag Homesite (Nov. 9th 1 PM) and Watch the WEbcast Replay (Nov. 16th 1 PM). If you click on Tour the Pilgrim Village Now, the 17 minute video comes up. Like I said though, this is my first year doing this, so this may not be what you guys are even talking about. :o) HTH.

Jodie

When I clicked on the link provided by the OP, I end up on the scholastic page called The First Thanksgiving. There are three pictures underneath: Tour the Pilgrim Village Now, Tour the Wampanoag Homesite (Nov. 9th 1 PM) and Watch the WEbcast Replay (Nov. 16th 1 PM). If you click on Tour the Pilgrim Village Now, the 17 minute video comes up. Like I said though, this is my first year doing this, so this may not be what you guys are even talking about. :o) HTH.

Jodie

Same for me. We are about to sit down and watch. I think registering just gets the letters emailed. I don't think it has anything to do with watching the field trips!

This morning, I registered again, just in case it helped. I just read this email they sent, making me think something may be happening tomorrow. Email letters, at least. Maybe?

Thanks for registering for the email portion of your free Thanksgiving Teaching Kit!

Your class will receive a series of letters from Lizzy, a fictional character based on historical records of life in the 1620's, who writes from aboard the Mayflower, from the Plimoth Plantation, and ends with her excited rendering of the first Thanksgiving. Along with learning about this young Pilgrim girl, your class will also get to know 12-year-old Pometacomet, a fictional member of the Wampanoag nation, who describes life in the autumn when the Mayflower was first sighted, his first impressions of the "coat-men," and, finally, the great feast with the Pilgrims!

All letters come with audio to give added life to Lizzy and Pometacomet and enhance the drama of their stories -- as well as offering pronunciation to new vocabulary introduced. Visually, the emails appear on a parchment like background and are accompanied by photographs. The roll out of the letters is meant to provide an historical backdrop to and build anticipation for the Virtual Field Trips to come - and to give you time for class discussion about each set of letters. As part of your registration, you will also receive email reminders for these video tours.

Letters Schedule:

November 3:

Autumn 1620

Letter From Lizzy - A Message from the Mayflower

Letter From Pometacomet - Harvesting and Preparing for Winter

November 10:

Autumn 1620

Letter From Lizzy - Arriving at Plimoth Plantation

Letter From Pometacomet - Will We Live in Peace?

November 16:

Harvest 1621

Letter From Lizzy - The Thanksgiving Feast

Letter From Pometacomet - The Feast of the Pilgrims

You can find the letters directly HERE.

I found them yesterday looking all around there but I haven't gotten anything today as far as an email or anything.

The first two are the same as the ones I received in email this morning. My emails also said to be sure to watch the Thanksgiving Live Video Webcast Nov. 16 at 1 p.m. ET. When I clicked on that sentence, it took me here: http://www.plimoth.org/

• 2 weeks later...