Menu

Well, I'm not in Ohio anymore...

I don't want to change my name, but I am now in Michigan. After a year of buying, listing, packing, showing, planning... I am sitting in the living room of my new house, with dh's laptop and my new broadband connection (we are too far out into the midle of nowhere to get good internet any other way.) I am miles from a grocery store and we can't even get voice mail on our phone. I am having city-girl-anxiety, LOL!!

This place is just over three times bigger than our old bungalow in the city, and it is strange. I sat in the middle of the floor at my old house and sobbed. It was the house where dh and I learned how to be married, where I learned how to be a mother... It is just so sad, even though I know we needed to go (crime was a serious issue, and we needed more space - just not this much.)

I never understood the anxiety and stress you all described as you moved, but I get it now! I don't know how you serial movers do it. I have a new respect for you... :001_smile:

Moving is sooo hard! I've grieved for months each time we had a big move. And I wanted to move the last time!

The sense of loss and being out of place will go away in time. It helps to start going to your new town's library right away. I don't know why, but it always made be feel better in a spiritual, cozy, reassuring way. Friends were there, librarians, books, nooks.

Taking walks in your new community, if space and saftey allows, helps too.

I know how you feel:grouphug:

Blessings

Oh my - leaving Ohio for Michigan! As if being uprooted isn't traumatic enough...:D

I bet you'll make your new house a wonderful home in no time! And here's to discovering the peculiar charms to country living!

as Angela in OH---yes, you can keep your name!

I can only empathize. Moving is one of the most stressful events there is---and I'm like you---I don't know how people who have to move all the time do it!

I'll be praying for you, that you get connected with a really good homeschool group right away, that all the Michigan moms on these boards rally to your side (especially any that might be close by), and that you make friends and connections right away.

Blessings and grace and peace to you during this difficult transition time!