Menu

Anyone currently doing or planning on an hCG round?

It seems that hCG with vegan is the only way I'm going to feel better and do better.

Some may remember that two years ago, when my hubby went to KY for work, I lost 43 pounds while he was gone (4½ months). The difference was amazing! However, when we all went with him out of town for work, we ate *horribly.* I know it is an excuse but hotels and fast food do not lend themselves to keeping weight off.

I'm not up to my highest weight yet (well, as of last weigh) but it is pretty close. I'm NOT buying clothing for that! I'm just not.

Anyway, I just don't seem to have the will power to do well without hCG. Many days I eat very healthy or at least not badly. I love green smoothies. I like veggies. If I eat cooked food, it is often whole grains or lean meats. I just like junk also, especially pork steak, ice cream, and soda. You won't believe how much ice cream I eat!

Anyway, so I'm motivated. Extra motivation is that my 16yr old has lost like 35 pounds in the last few months! Hubby lost a bit also, but isn't really working on losing or even maintaining right now. I gotta catch up!

I have a thing of hCG in the freezer. I also thought I'd order some so I have it when I'm ready (my mom wants to do a touch-up round in January also...btw, she lost all her weight doing hCG after seeing my success only she's managed to maintain with just a round per year since!).

Only thing left is to get hubby to leave for 4½ months. J/K I don't want him to leave! But I do think that helped when I did so well!

I may have a friend who can do it with me. She was planning on using part of her tax refund for weight loss surgery. But I may have talked her into Eat2Live and/or hCG (I do a combo as the idea of eating chicken/most meat more than once in the bluest of moons is off-putting at best).

Okay, I've rambled enough. Just wondering...

Hi Mandos! I will be right behind you! I'm going to start vlcd1 on Monday though maybe Sunday if I hurry.

I don't worry about protein vs carb or going into ketosis (something that commonly happens to people who do the diet as written).

A few things I like:

Green smoothies or "milkshakes" (green smoothie without greens; no milk really).

Vegetarian chili on a small baked potato

Subway (eat fresh)

Salad, of course

Those will probably be my mainstays this time around :)

ETA: It is important to realize that proteins are made up of amino acids. Your body has to break down the proteins to those amino acids in order to use it; so you *could* just eat the amino acids in the first place. For more information, try Eat to Live (but I'd guess most books that describe the whys of being vegetarian or vegan would have the information).

Edited by 2J5M9K

We have to travel this weekend so they will be my 'load' days...

I lost almost 30 pounds with my first round in April--and I've kept it off without any trouble!!!

I'd really like another 20 or so off before the holidays when I visit my family-- this time I do not want to be the largest person there!

My next round won't be until January... it will be a longer one. We are (God willing) moving at the end of November/beginning of December, and will be following Belly Fat Cure/Atkins/South Beach for most of November/December. It's been crazy around here the last month.

I'm looking forward to losing the last 20 pounds or so.

I've gained a little back, but nothing I'm too worried about. Some of that is muscle from all of the tile work (or, that's what I'm telling myself... my muscles have been really, really sore from laying about 1,000 sq. feet of tile, building cabinets, bending, stooping, reaching, painting...oh the painting, blech!)

Best wishes for your new round!

I lost 17 pounds on my first round (30 days). I did not follow protocol very well or I probably would have lost more. I went off HCG in June and have gained 3 pounds back. Not bad considering the garbage I eat. ANYHOW, I REALLY want to go back on plan before the holidays to lose my last 10, but I'm afraid to because I'm afraid that if I do I'll go BALD! Arg!

My hair started falling out in massive amounts about two weeks after I stopped the HCG and it is just now starting to slow down. Needless to say my hair has thinned tremendously and will take many, many months to regrow. Many.

Have any of you had the hair loss problem? I really want to go back on the HCG. It was the thing that FINALLY helped me to lose weight after trying many other diets, but gosh, I kind of like having hair too. I think I'd rather be fat WITH hair than skinny without it. :confused: Bioten only grows hair so fast. ;)

Any one else experience hair loss, or know what to take with the HCG to keep that from happening?

My next round won't be until January... it will be a longer one.

I'm looking forward to losing the last 20 pounds or so.

I've gained a little back, but nothing I'm too worried about.

Same here.

Looking forward to hopefully starting another round in late December or early January.

Best wishes to all those starting or who have started.

Pamela, you were such an incredible help to me before my first round. Thank you, thank you, thank you. :grouphug:

I just started my second round on 10/10...it is going slowly for me right now, a bunch of days with only a .2 loss, so that's frustrating me. I want to be done with this round AND lose 15 more pounds by November 10-15th, then do phase 3 and 4 before starting again in January. I lost about 20 on my first round in August. Only 7.2 lbs thus far in this round, though. Still, it is working and I feel like I'll be able to maintain it after it's done. (I'd imagine another round in April and one in the summer, too).

Monday I start Phase 3 (third round). I'm down a total of 52 lbs. I hope to start my next round after the holidays using New Years Eve and New Years Day as my loading days.

I take Biotin every day and I have had no issues with hair loss. I also take potassium daily so I don't get leg cramps. Magnesium daily keeps things moving, if you know what I mean ;)

Monday I start Phase 3 (third round). I'm down a total of 52 lbs. I hope to start my next round after the holidays using New Years Eve and New Years Day as my loading days.

I take Biotin every day and I have had no issues with hair loss. I also take potassium daily so I don't get leg cramps. Magnesium daily keeps things moving, if you know what I mean ;)

Good for you for the loss. 52 pounds is fabulous! :D

I'm also hoping to start my next round at about the same time as you.

And yes, I agree about the Biotin, Potassium, and Magnesium. :)

I am curious but clueless. Anyone willing to fill me in? I'm trying to improve my diet, exercise more, and lose some weight. But most of all I want to feel better!

If you do a search here, you should hopefully find lots and lots of info. These forums are great and very helpful. I visit them every single day for info and support before and during each round.

If you need more info on hcg, let me know and I'll share. But you should find info on these threads:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263148

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215927

I decided that I was not in a place to do hcg at this time with the craziness of life. After yesterday, I'm SO glad I didn't go there. Instead, I'm doing an ETL/McDougall/don't worry something or another. Basically, I'm eating veggies, fruit, and beans but not worrying about popping a few grapes in my mouth if I'm standing at the fridge door or eating a piece of chocolate to drown my pain. I also didn't have to worry about taking medication last night which was nice.

So I think I posted last week when I saw the shock of being my highest weight ever. As of Sunday or Monday, I had lost 6.2 pounds. But it really isn't about the weight right now for me. Yes, I want to lose weight. But my real goal is to feel better. I simply want to be the best me I can be as I look at the journey of raising another set of kids. So rather than a weight goal, I simply want to be my best on their adoption day. Whatever my best can be will be fine with me.