Menu

$16.00 shipping costs just for four thin used children's books from Amazon?...

Are they kidding? I realize that they calculate about three dollars something for each book shipped but still...don't they have a way to adjust the shipping costs to cover per package, not book? And they are all from the same seller?

Edited by Merry
addition

Are they kidding? I realize that they calculate about three dollars something for each book shipped but still...don't they have a way to adjust the shipping costs to cover per package, not book?

It's $3.99 per book, and no, they don't discount even if you buy the books from the same vendor. :glare:

I think alibris.com does discount shipping somewhat if you buy more than one book from the same vendor.

It's $3.99 per book, and no, they don't discount even if you buy the books from the same vendor. :glare:

I think alibris.com does discount shipping somewhat if you buy more than one book from the same vendor.

Sellers on Amazon *can* discount shipping for multiple books going to the same person, but I don't know that many of them do. I sell a few books there, and it is an option to refund part of the payment for whatever reason you want, and I have before.

If it's a big seller, they may be listed on Abebooks and Alibris, and I've noticed at least on Abebooks that many sellers offer a discount on shipping after the first book.

:iagree: That's how they can sell books for a penny. They make money on the shipping, and they say it's set by Amazon so they can't change it (at least all the sellers I've asked).

the used books are sold by bookstores that list on amazon. they are the ones getting the shipping. If you are getting multiple books from one used bookseller, you can see if they have a website and order directly.

I got a prime membership - and after you calculate the $4 shipping for used, new starts getting cheaper and cheaper. I will check out used bookstores in my town to see if they have them.

if you are ordering a series of books that others might also have purchased, I'd also check out e-bay.