Menu

Layering shirts?

I'm so not fashion forward, so please help me out so I don't look silly.

If you want to layer a short-sleeved shirt over a long-sleeved tee, how much do they have to match/go-together? And can the short-sleeved shirt be a polo?

For instance, I was wondering if I could wear a dark purple long-sleeved tee (that's a little too snug to wear alone) under a dark pink/magenta-ish polo? Is that tacky or trendy?

Thank you!

I have found that this varies by the individual wearing it. Dd17a can pair up the most disgusting combinations and look absolutely adorable. Dd17b can not wear the same combinations without looking ridiculous. I have no idea why.:confused:

I have found that generally speaking it works best if the short sleeve shirt has t-shirt type sleeves. Otherwise the sleeves cause too much bunching. My dds are the masters of layering. I am not really sure why but they can go out with at least five to seven pieces of clothing (not including winter wear) and still look totally normal. I personally look like Sheldon from the Big Bang theory if I try to layer anything at all (which doesn't stop me of course :tongue_smilie:).

I have found that this varies by the individual wearing it. Dd17a can pair up the most disgusting combinations and look absolutely adorable. Dd17b can not wear the same combinations without looking ridiculous. I have no idea why.:confused:

So I've got a 50/50 chance of looking bad. Not the odds I was hoping for. :tongue_smilie:

Probably they have different energy types. Google dressing your truth...

Jenn