Menu

Dumb question about TT

DawnM

Yes, that would make sense. I just have no idea how to do it. It says, "Do you wish to copy contents?" and I say "yes" but it doesn't save it on the hard drive. That was when I installed it. Now it says if I wish to try it again it will erase all our already completed work.

When I click on the TT icon it says, "you must insert disc to continue."

Dawn

Have you contacted the company to ask how to do it?

I'd probably try just "exploring" the CD, then select all (ctrl-A) and copy to a new folder manually. But if that doesn't work, maybe the company would have suggestions for you. It shouldn't matter if it's on CD or hard drive.

I'm no computer genius, but I think it's like that on purpose because they don't want people copying it to their hardrive and then selling the discs to someone else. TT has a great resale policy, so making you put the discs in each day would seem to be there way of protecting themselves from having illegal copies out there. Many CD-Rom games work this way also as a protection against the scenario above.

At the same time, no (as in one on each computer). However, you can enter I think 3 student accounts at a time.

Dawn

If you need to have the CD in to use the program, does this mean that my 2 students doing the same grade would not be able to work on TT at the same time. Just interested in how it works before I purchase.

It also frustrates me that my 4 boys have to put in and take out the disks each time. But I understand why(from the company's pov). We use lots of different CD roms throughout the day and week, so leaving it in doesn't work for us, either. It's a bummer. But they are getting a lesson in being very careful !! LOL