Menu

Recipe ideas for whole cut up chicken in the crock pot?

I finally replaced my crockpot. Now I'm trying to use it...really use it.

I have a whole cut of chicken. I'm in the process of skinning it, but don't want to try to debone it unless I have to. I'd like to cook it in the crockpot. Any ideas for cut up chicken with bones in the crockpot?

Ideally, it would use only basic ingredients so I don't have to abandon school to run to the store. The only cans I have are two cans of cream of chicken, a can of diced tomatoes, and a large can of tomato sauce. I have salsa. I have homemade chicken broth frozen in the freezer. For veggies, I have carrots, celery, garlic, onion, and a small piece of broccoli. I have pretty much everything you'd expect in a baking pantry and most commonly used spices.

Thanks!

I'm saying I'd like to bump you up so that maybe you'll get a reply and I'll get the recipe, too. My husband LOVES popcorn chicken, but I don't think you can do that in a crock-pot :001_smile:

I was just teasing.

Crock pot roasting, maybe? Not sure how well it's going to turn out, but I just threw a cut up whole chicken in the crock pot this morning. Rubbed it with seasonings like I would if I was oven roasting & stuck it in the crock pot. We'll see how it goes, I guess.

I ended up attempting something like this. I rubbed the chicken with olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, and basil. It smells good and was done a bit too quickly so I'm rushing the rest of dinner.

What crock pot did you get?

I need a new one.

I'm debating between a crock pot or a dutch oven. I'm assuming a crock uses less energy than a burner on my stovetop. Yes?

I happened to see one at Costco for $40. I got that one because of the size and price. It's a 7 quart, stainless steel with black liner, and programmable.