Menu

How do you organize your scrapbook paper?

I have these, but I got them in cream which seems to be discontinued. They are boxes that mount on the wall and tilt out. I have six of them and they each hold about 4 inches deep of 12 X 12 paper. I sort them by color or theme with plastic dividers. If my scrapbooking room wasn't such a mess right now, I'd take a picture.

ETA: I cleared a path and took pictures.

post-11849-13535085440678_thumb.jpg

post-11849-13535085440891_thumb.jpg

Edited by thescrappyhomeschooler

There are tons and tons of great ideas on this blog. It will probably take you a few days to get through it all.

http://craftystorage.blogspot.com/

I have something like the second picture on that blog. I bought a set of those cheap wire cubes and zip-tied the shelves together. The papers are sorted by color with prints in one box and solids in another box. Works pretty good! Now I just have to find time to use it :glare:.

I use these. I get them at Hobby Lobby, either when they're on sale, or with a coupon. Love them! I've also seen them at Michael's.

So I wondered about storing the paper vertically. I am concerned that if the container isn't full, the paper will "slump" over and become warped. What's your experience?

So I wondered about storing the paper vertically. I am concerned that if the container isn't full, the paper will "slump" over and become warped. What's your experience?

Well, my solution to that problem is to buy more paper to fill the container.:lol:

Just kidding. I use these too and the slumping problem doesn't seem to permanently affect the paper.

Joy

Mine are very full, so I don't have that problem. If it did slump, I would find other items (like sheet of chipboard) to kind of prop it up. There are also smaller dividers that fit inside the larger one. Those would help.

For most of my patterned paper (organized by manufacturer), I use stand-up files similar to the ones posted from Hobby Lobby. Jo Ann's carries the Cropper Hopper brand; the ones I have are from Jo Ann's but are much sturdier fabric covered ones that are now discontinued. I use the CH file tab dividers to organize them and the CH pockets (with one side sliced off) for scraps. I like to keep my scraps with the whole paper or I would never use them. My cardstock is in a double wire paper rack purchased from a scrapbook store going out of business. I do also have one of these, plus one of the old Cropper Hopper rolling hanging file carts, both full of paper from the company I used to be on the design team for.

I used to have one of the wire cubes with the zip-tied shelves shown in the blog photos which I *hated*. I got rid of it pretty quickly (although I know a lot of scrappers that have them and like them).

If I needed more paper storage right now, I would go with these. I like them better than the other vertical paper holders bc the front is more open, making it easier to get the paper out if it is sitting on a shelf.

I have tried lots of different storage options and the vertical "magazine" type file boxes are my favorite storage solution.

If I have a super-empty one, I will just temporarily store some books or chipboard or whatever in with it to prevent too much slumping. Not so much because slumping hurts the paper, but because it visually bothers me :)

Obviously themed papers are sorted that way - Christmas, baby, etc. Then by color in vertical paper holders. I cut down the plastic craft envelopes to about half the normal height and fill with paper, then put the envelopes in the paper holders. That way, it's easier to pull out the red patterned paper rather than the entire paper holder, and I find it easier to put the paper away and keep it sorted. Not strictly needed, but much cheaper than the ready-made ones if you want to use them.

I used to have the wire cubes, but I find the paper gets much dustier and is more easily damaged from pulling out and putting back in - I change my mind a LOT :tongue_smilie:

Sushi's Mom, that is one evil site you linked!