Menu

It's official my "little" boy isn't little anymore

It's funny I never think too much about my kids growing up. They are still my kids, and I think of them as little. DS12 (well almost 13 ;)) is nearly as tall as me already, but I still think of him as my "little boy". Well tonight I needed to run out to the car for a second and didn't want to wear my flip flops so I slipped on a pair of his shoes. I thought I would be doing the "heel over the end" thing, but nope. They were a perfect fit :001_huh: Even though I buy his shoes I never really thought about the fact we now wear the same size shoes. This kid has not hit his growth spurt yet, he just started puberty so he has lots of growing to do and already we have the same size feet (and I don't have dainty little feet ;)). It was that pair of shoes that made it really hit me that he isn't my little boy anymore. It's a weird feeling having that realization. I am sure it sounds bizarre but with him being my oldest, it kind of caught me off guard. My little boy is not so little anymore.

Yup. My son is 12 and 1/2 and I know exactly what you mean. He is stronger than me, weighs more than me, and I have bought him two pairs of shoes in the last 3 months...won't stop growing:D.

BTW- Can't wait to show him your psycho kitty avatar...that will crack him up.

We did the 20 minute challenge at the running room. (Run/walk for 20 minutes and get a free hat). Well when we ran the 20 minute challenge my eldest got ahead of me by a bit, and then beat me back to the finish line, and had to run around in circles for 1 minute since the 20 minutes hadn't past yet. He out ran me. :glare: He managed 3.5K.