Menu

Decorating Question

I ordered a canvas print and want to hang it above my bed. It is probably a tad on the small side for that but. . .

I have a high bed frame and moulding so I am not sure where to hang it. I thought 66'' on center was the recommendation but that puts it lower, closer to the bed. I don't know if on center of the space would be better or if that puts it too high. The picture is 16x20

pic #2 shows the print so you can see the size.

post-23-13535085394365_thumb.jpg

post-23-13535085394555_thumb.jpg

post-23-13535085394365_thumb.jpg

post-23-13535085394555_thumb.jpg

Edited by Miss Peregrine

I would hang it about a foot about the bed frame, and I would center it over your side of the bed and get a picture exactly the same size that would compliment your husband and put it center over his side of the bed.

OR get two more simular pictures and put them side by side that one with about a inch and a half space inbetween them.

It really is too small on its own.

Why would you hang it at 66"? :confused:

I would probably not hang it above the bed. I like it very much, but I think it would be lost above the bed. If you must (and it's your bedroom, so you should do what you think best), then I'd hang it a few inches above the bed, measuring from the headboard itself. I'm thinking 12" might be too far above the headboard, but try it out and see how it looks.

Why would you hang it at 66"? :confused:

I would probably not hang it above the bed. I like it very much, but I think it would be lost above the bed. If you must (and it's your bedroom, so you should do what you think best), then I'd hang it a few inches above the bed, measuring from the headboard itself. I'm thinking 12" might be too far above the headboard, but try it out and see how it looks.

I had my heart set on above the bed and I wanted to order a larger print but I guess the resolution would have been too stretched out at the next largest size. :glare: DH thinks it is too small and wants me to order another similar pic to put next to it but I am not sure. After seeing it in the pics I posted I agree it is a little too small. Drat! I did take another one but it is more close up so i don't know if they will look good together. And you can't tell but in the first pic I posted, the flower on the right is in focus and the other one is bokeh'd(is that a word?)

post-23-13535085422058_thumb.jpg

Edited by Miss Peregrine

You could also "frame" the picture out different ways. I'm thinking those metal scrollwork things (one on top and one flipped underneath); you'd have to be careful not to go too heavy so as not to compete with the picture.

You could also mimic that look -- and not look weighty at all -- with vinyl from Uppercase Living (full disclosure: I sell UL is this is my website). I have some vinyl embellishments that I'm going to use this way. We have an icon we want to hang in our dining room, but it's too small to stand on it's own, so I bought two "ornamentals" from this page, and will put one above and one beneath (there are five pages total if you want to click through them to see what all's available). I also purchased 4 "corners" from this same section to do a similar thing on our bathroom mirror (frame out ain area).

Just a thought!