Menu

ummmm..... gross...... personal....... TBI..... blech

has your stool ever changed to a lighter color?

I noticed this on Friday. VERY light. I read online it could be liver or gall bladder issues. I will probably call the dr this week if it doesn't change. I will try juicing - those green juices really darken my stool. If that happens, maybe I shouldn't worry?

Anyone have any input?

I feel fine otherwise.....

It certainly is a sign of something. I had cholestatis(liver stops functioning correctly) with my pregnancies and my stools were white during that time. If it continues, then a call to the doctor is in order.

This of it as white as in eye-poppingly odd, like Caspar the Friendly Ghost Stool, like the color of pale clay soil. That is the color of loss of bile flow. The companion is "coca cola urine"

Stools change color all the time based on what you are eating so I'm sure it is not a big deal at all.

:iagree:

I seldom worry about color.

Consistency and texture are a different matter, however. The harder the stools and/or the less regular, the more constipated one is. That's when the diet needs to improve, more water, and more activity.

Stools change color all the time based on what you are eating so I'm sure it is not a big deal at all.

Acholic stools look ALARMING. Like they came out of an ALIEN. If you saw it, you would note it. People call their doc in a panic because they are not used to looking down and seeing old vanilla ice cream in the pot.

This of it as white as in eye-poppingly odd, like Caspar the Friendly Ghost Stool, like the color of pale clay soil. That is the color of loss of bile flow. The companion is "coca cola urine"

:confused:meaning dark urine?

I hate to get into details but....... I was out kayaking. I had to pull up to an island. With no pee masking the color of the stool, I was alarmed VERY dark at first, and dry, very light afterward. I've never seen anything so light, BUT, it was not white. Just a very light stool.

Keeping an eye on it and trying to pee first to check color of stool. It's lighter but definitely not white at all. Pee hasn't changed whatsoever.:confused:

I can't believe I'm discussing this here. :blushing:

Acholic stools look ALARMING. Like they came out of an ALIEN. If you saw it, you would note it. People call their doc in a panic because they are not used to looking down and seeing old vanilla ice cream in the pot.

:confused: I seriously doubt it's alcohol related. I did consider it but I'd have to be more than a couple to three drink once per week, maybe twice, skipping weeks, for this I'd think.

I did worry about herbs. I've been on various herbs over the years. Currently I only take my blood pressure medication, magnesium, fish oil, L-theanine at night, sometimes valerian at night. I know valerian can cause liver damage and I did take it for perhaps too long previously, but it's been months since I take it regularly. If I do take it, I take one with the l-theanine.

:confused:

Have you taken antacids lately? That'll do it.

no, but I have had some indigestion, which normally isn't an issue. That is symptomatic of gall bladder AND liver issues. I'm trying not to get worked up.

:iagree:

If it only happened once, I would wait and watch over the next few weeks to see if it continues before going to the doctor.

It's still light. I'm going to juice tomorrow (need to go to store) and if it gets darker I know I have no blockage of the bile ducts...

:confused: I seriously doubt it's alcohol related.

She said "acholic," not alcoholic.

I'm in the "I would not worry" camp, particularly if you saw two different colors in one movement. That, to me, says you're just processing what you've been eating. I would keep an eye on it, though, just in case.

I will never look at vanilla ice cream the same way again though :ack2::lol:

:confused: I seriously doubt it's alcohol related. I did consider it but I'd have to be more than a couple to three drink once per week, maybe twice, skipping weeks, for this I'd think.

I did worry about herbs. I've been on various herbs over the years. Currently I only take my blood pressure medication, magnesium, fish oil, L-theanine at night, sometimes valerian at night. I know valerian can cause liver damage and I did take it for perhaps too long previously, but it's been months since I take it regularly. If I do take it, I take one with the l-theanine.

:confused:

:lol::smilielol5: She said ACHOLIC, not alcoholic. A=without, chol=liver, bile. She was continuing the conversation about stools and liver function.