Menu

Landry Academy

Can I just say that I am thrilled with these classes so far this year? Ds has had 2 of his 4 so far (Biology and English 301) and I sat in on both. I am so impressed AND I'm feeling so very grateful as this is JUST what we needed!!!! Anyone else?

Edited... we had our 3rd class and I'm continuing to be blown away. That one is critical thinking taught by an attorney and absolutely great!!!! If anyone IS thinking about this for next year, the earlier you sign up, the larger the discount. We can't afford full price so we have signed up way ahead. It's still a sacrifice for us, but I am feeling now just how worth it it really is.

Edited by BeckyFL

Congrats!

Lame side story though-- I actually opened this thread becasue I thought it said LAUNDRY academy! I got all excited thinking I could get them to do laundry! hahaha

Too funny! That's a class I'll send them to, but I don't want to sit in on. lol

Ds starts Friday with Exercise Physiology and Sports Medicine. When you say you sat in, do you mean that you signed in from a separate computer like a student? I wasn't sure if it was okay for parents to do that or not. Did you identify yourself as a parent?

No, I sat beside ds and listened. :-)

Becky,

Can I ask why you are paying big bucks for Landry Academy instead of using FLVS? You can PM me if you don't want to post publicly.

Thanks!

We have tried them. If Landry is on the "love" end, FLVS is on the other. lol

I will PM you the details.

Did you use your computer's speakers? There was no need for a microphone? Or do you have some kind of a splitter so that you can both use headsets?

So far just the built in speakers and microphone, but ds has a headset that he will be using for his foreign language class.

My son is in section 1 of the Biology class (Mon @ 10AM). I, too sat in and was very impressed. He had another class on Wed that I wasn't as impressed with, but time will tell!

I am thinking I might want to sign up for some of next years as well, but I do want to wait a little longer to see how the semester works out.

When you say you sat in, do you mean that you signed in from a separate computer like a student? I wasn't sure if it was okay for parents to do that or not. Did you identify yourself as a parent?

I did sign in from a separate computer, using my name and location. I didn't respond to any of the class content questions, but I did play with the classroom tools as they introduced them. I don't plan on sitting in on every session, I just wanted to get a feel for how it works.

I did sign in from a separate computer, using my name and location. I didn't respond to any of the class content questions, but I did play with the classroom tools as they introduced them. I don't plan on sitting in on every session, I just wanted to get a feel for how it works.

I would prefer to do this as ds is very unpleasant if I try to sit next to him. Did you ask permission or just do it?

I would prefer to do this as ds is very unpleasant if I try to sit next to him. Did you ask permission or just do it?

No, I just did it. I was ready to explain if someone asked me why I was there, but no one did. I'm certainly not going to do it every week, but I really wanted to see/hear what I was paying for.