Menu

America's Got Talent

Does anyone watch it? This week was the YouTube contestants. What did you think of Brett Daniels Illusionist? They've had illusionists before, and I always think...."wow...that was kinda cool. How did he do that?" But, this time...it was like, "uhhhhh, omg! Where the heck did she go????" I don't know....it actually was a bit creepy. What did you think?

Do you have any favorite pick to win? I really like Landau. Here's his first audition (he put the gum in his pocket, :lol: ). I like him because not only is he very talented, but he seems very nice, humble, and appreciative.

Yep, the whole family watches. We love, love, love Landau! And Beth Ann blew us away - I was amazed to find out how young she is. We have too many favorites, we'll hate to see some of them leave.

I do find there's more mean-spiritedness creeping in this season, and I'm getting annoyed with the time spent on having the judges argue and pester each other. I mean, what's with the yelling?? Not funny, just unpleasant, imo. My kids know better than that.

Landau is the best singer! I could listen to him sing all day...love his voice! My two absolute faves are Silhouettes and iLuminate.

You tube auditions were a major letdown. We like Gymkana and Corlis(the guy who sang)...but that was it. Even the guy on the bike with black lights we were bored with. Guess that comes from being extreme sports fans...we are used to trick bike stuff. It didn't wow us.

Edited to add: I really really hope someone other than a singer wins this year. Tired of singers always winning...but if a singer has to win I hope it is Landau.

I agree, the Marilyn Monroe stunt was a bit creepy.

Dh and ds10 and I watch this. I make a game of seeing if I can pick the four going to the semi-finals each week. I thought the YouTube picks were right. I had predicted the glow-in-the-dark bike, GymKana, and Corlis (guitar playing soloist) to go through, and was not sure whether the creepy dance team and/or Beth Ann would continue. I was afraid the judges would decide between Corlis and Beth Ann. I frequently disagree with the judges' picks. For example I thought letting Dr. Splash through was ridiculous. Of course the creepy dance team is getting a wild card anyway, so it's almost as if five were given a pass.

I can't believe they're giving the Kinetic King a Wild Card chance, after his spectacular flub, but I suppose it is worth it if his stunt works. I do believe he has a lot of talent, and was just not accustomed to the humidity of the Hollywood stage. I like him as a person, goofy as he is.

My only thing about this show is that yes, most of the people have incredible talents.....but seriously, how in the world can the Mr Splash guy make an entire Vegas show out of diving into a kiddie pool of water? Same for the Kinetic King, the basketball spinning guy, the yo yo guy, etc. I wonder why they even let them enter if there's no way to make a Vegas show out of things like that?

My favorites have been Team iLuminate, the Silhouettes, Melissa Villasenor (she does the impersonations....but still not sure if she could be long enough for a whole show), and Zuma Zuma (especailly their act when they used the tall poles).

Haven't really cared for any of the singers this season.

DH and I watch. I actually wasn't very impressed with most of the YouTube ones. I thought the cloggers were really good and they didn't even make it through.

I agree. I thought this week was disappointing (not that I could do any of what they do! :D)

I thought the illusionist was pretty bad, especially compared to some of the others they've had this season (the balloons - WOW!) I assume the girl fell through the square on the floor of his stage. He blew it when it took him too long to get her "gone," imho. It reminded me of when my 9 yo does a trick, adn he fumbles around, and we ignore it and tell him it was great. :001_smile:

I really like the guy who sets up popsicle sticks, the dancers behind the curtain, and the ladder people from last night.

I went to high school with
family so she is my favorite!!

That's really neat. Yes, she danced really well.

Yep, the whole family watches. We love, love, love Landau! And Beth Ann blew us away - I was amazed to find out how young she is. We have too many favorites, we'll hate to see some of them leave.

I do find there's more mean-spiritedness creeping in this season, and I'm getting annoyed with the time spent on having the judges argue and pester each other. I mean, what's with the yelling?? Not funny, just unpleasant, imo. My kids know better than that.

Yay...another Landau fan!

DH and I watch. I actually wasn't very impressed with most of the YouTube ones. I thought the cloggers were really good and they didn't even make it through.

I thought they were really good too. I wish I could do that. :001_smile:

Landau is the best singer! I could listen to him sing all day...love his voice! My two absolute faves are Silhouettes and iLuminate.

You tube auditions were a major letdown. We like Gymkana and Corlis(the guy who sang)...but that was it. Even the guy on the bike with black lights we were bored with. Guess that comes from being extreme sports fans...we are used to trick bike stuff. It didn't wow us.

Edited to add: I really really hope someone other than a singer wins this year. Tired of singers always winning...but if a singer has to win I hope it is Landau.

I'll definitely get a Landau CD when it comes out. The Silhouettes and iLuminate are really good too. In fact...these 3 may be the top 3. I thought out of the youtube auditions that Gymkana was the best. They looked like a kaleidoscope. I wasn't very impressed with the glow in the dark bike guy either.....and the judges seemed to think he was terrific. Didn't one of them say something about it being a million dollar act. Really?? :confused:

:iagree:, if a singer wins....it should be Landau. But, I always think if you sing that good why didn't you audition for American Idol??

I agree, the Marilyn Monroe stunt was a bit creepy.

Dh and ds10 and I watch this. I make a game of seeing if I can pick the four going to the semi-finals each week. I thought the YouTube picks were right. I had predicted the glow-in-the-dark bike, GymKana, and Corlis (guitar playing soloist) to go through, and was not sure whether the creepy dance team and/or Beth Ann would continue. I was afraid the judges would decide between Corlis and Beth Ann. I frequently disagree with the judges' picks. For example I thought letting Dr. Splash through was ridiculous. Of course the creepy dance team is getting a wild card anyway, so it's almost as if five were given a pass.

I can't believe they're giving the Kinetic King a Wild Card chance, after his spectacular flub, but I suppose it is worth it if his stunt works. I do believe he has a lot of talent, and was just not accustomed to the humidity of the Hollywood stage. I like him as a person, goofy as he is.

:iagree:totally about Dr. Splash. What was Piers thinking?? I mean really....he was going on about how he needs to pick the one that he thinks has the potential to win, yadda, yadda, yadda. I was thinking....'and the one to have an hour long Vegas show is NOT Dr. Splash'....and he picks Dr. Splash. It seemed like a complete opposite thing for Piers to do. I'm afraid Dr. Splash will end up killing himself.

They are giving the Kinetic King a second chance?? I didn't hear that. I'm glad. I felt really bad for the poor guy. All that time he took and it failed. He was such a good sport about it all. As for the wild card, all I heard was Sharon say she picked the "creepy dance team" (West Springfield something or other). Did the other judges have picks too?? I missed it. Who are the wild cards?

My only thing about this show is that yes, most of the people have incredible talents.....but seriously, how in the world can the Mr Splash guy make an entire Vegas show out of diving into a kiddie pool of water? Same for the Kinetic King, the basketball spinning guy, the yo yo guy, etc. I wonder why they even let them enter if there's no way to make a Vegas show out of things like that?

My favorites have been Team iLuminate, the Silhouettes, Melissa Villasenor (she does the impersonations....but still not sure if she could be long enough for a whole show), and Zuma Zuma (especailly their act when they used the tall poles).

Haven't really cared for any of the singers this season.

You are right about some of the acts not being able to be a Vegas show. You have some good favorite picks. But...you aren't a fan of any of the singers? Really? You don't like Landau? :glare: :001_rolleyes: Well! Hmpf! OK...I guess you can have your own opinion, even if it doesn't match mine. :lol:

I agree. I thought this week was disappointing (not that I could do any of what they do! :D)

I thought the illusionist was pretty bad, especially compared to some of the others they've had this season (the balloons - WOW!) I assume the girl fell through the square on the floor of his stage. He blew it when it took him too long to get her "gone," imho. It reminded me of when my 9 yo does a trick, adn he fumbles around, and we ignore it and tell him it was great. :001_smile:

I really like the guy who sets up popsicle sticks, the dancers behind the curtain, and the ladder people from last night.

:lol: I love the names you have for the contestants: Popsicle Stick Guy, Dancers Behind Curtain, Ladder People. And, I know just who you mean too. :D

I liked the cloggers! That sucks.

As for the rest, The Silhouettes and iLuminate.

They are giving the Kinetic King a second chance?? I didn't hear that. I'm glad. I felt really bad for the poor guy. All that time he took and it failed. He was such a good sport about it all. As for the wild card, all I heard was Sharon say she picked the "creepy dance team" (West Springfield something or other). Did the other judges have picks too?? I missed it. Who are the wild cards?

It was a "Next week on AGT" quick video blurb:

Tonight also had the announcement of the “Wild Card†picks who will perform next week. They are: Avery and the Calico Hearts, Those Funny Little People, Shevonne, Yellow Designs Stunt Team, Landon Swank, The Kinetic King, The Fiddleheads, West Springfield Dance Team, Summer Wind Skippers, Seth Grabel, J Chris Newberg, and Charles Peachock. Each of these teams will have a second chance to make it to the finale of America’s Got Talent 2011.
I had to hunt all over the InterWebs to find this, finally scoring here:

http://www.nerdles.com/2011/08/10/americas-got-talent-results-810-four-more-acts-advance-more-wild-cards-next-week/

I can almost guarantee which judge picked each of these:

Sharon: West Springfield Dance Team, Avery and the Calico Hearts, The Fiddleheads, Charles Peachock

Howie:Those Funny Little People, J Chris Newberg, Kinetic King, Yellow Designs Stunt Team

Piers: Shevonne, Landon Swank, Summer Wind Skippers, Seth Grabel

I do like the soloists, particularly Landau and Anna Grace and Lys Agnes-- and Kevin Colis from last night. I am also very impressed by Silhouettes and ilLuminate!

It was a "Next week on AGT" quick video blurb:

I had to hunt all over the InterWebs to find this, finally scoring here:

http://www.nerdles.com/2011/08/10/americas-got-talent-results-810-four-more-acts-advance-more-wild-cards-next-week/

I can almost guarantee which judge picked each of these:

Sharon: West Springfield Dance Team, Avery and the Calico Hearts, The Fiddleheads, Charles Peachock

Howie:Those Funny Little People, J Chris Newberg, Kinetic King, Yellow Designs Stunt Team

Piers: Shevonne, Landon Swank, Summer Wind Skippers, Seth Grabel

I do like the soloists, particularly Landau and Anna Grace and Lys Agnes-- and Kevin Colis from last night. I am also very impressed by Silhouettes and ilLuminate!

Thanks Jennifer! I had to look up a couple of these names to remember who they were. Those Funny Little People....really? :confused: I could think of some others that I would have rather gotten that Wild Card (not that I hate them or anything....they have cute costumes). Oh, well. :001_rolleyes: Of course Howie picked them. I think your guess on who picked who is spot on.