Menu

Ack, Old Navy boy's slims stop at size 12!

So 11 y/o ds has outgrown his size 12 slim jeans in length. He has a 23" waist, they were a 27" inseam (24" waist). Men's do not start until he hits a 29" waist. Size 14 regular is a 4" jump in waist. What are my options?

Children's Place and Crazy 8 both have jeans/pants that are all adjustable waist (but you can't tell from the outside...it's on the inside of the waist). Crazy 8 also offers slim sizes (they also have the adjustable waist too in addition to being slim).

Quality on both are comparable to Old Navy, IMO.

Arizona brand at JCPenney come in slim up to at least 18, and they slims even have the adjustable waist (elastic pulls inside). Good price, good quality. We've found them to hold up better than Children's Place.

I don't know if they are in stores; we order ours on-line.

Land's End has slims all the way up to size 18 or 20. They're very slim so check the measurements. They're also a bit expensive compared to Old Navy or The Children's Place, but they do have sales sometimes. If you can wait for a "Spend $75, get $20 off" they're close to TCP or ON prices. They last forever, so you can hand them down.

We've been buying at 77kids.com (american eagle, I think) We went through everything Old Navy had, even getting him the boot cut jeans to extend a few months, but 77kids fit him better. AE's men's jeans start at a 26 in waist so we've also bought a pair of those for The Kid and they fit okay with a belt, but he has some growing room to do.