Menu

Real Science 4 Kids

Jen500

What did you like/dislike about it? Is the teacher's manual worth buying? I'm thinking of Chemistry 1 for my 8yr olds. I really want to get more organized with science. We've tried some fun kits but they never seem 'meaty' enough.

Chemistry I is great. The answers/guidance for the labs are in the teachers' manual, as well as background information to help explain the text book.

We also did physics (dry, and several of the experiments didn't work) and bio (rather unfocused - some chapters very easy, others on a par with the chemistry course). I won't be doing the physics again with my second son - we're looking at Physics with Toys instead. I am doing the biology with Hobbes though - we are doing the easy bits now (he just turned 8) and will do the hard bits after he finishes the chemistry course in a year or two.

Best wishes

Laura

I used their pre-chem and also their chemistry 1, some of the biology and the physics is still sitting on my shelf unused.

What I didn't like about them is that they go too fast. My son loves science and the Real Science books didn't last long enough in our house.

The books are very nice with good explanations/illustrations and the labs are interesting (for the most part) but we just needed "more" and it didn't match our style as much as some other things I've come across. I was also having to add too much to make the info sticky.

You do need the teacher's manuals if you want the extra info, etc. for each chapter.

HTH a little...:001_smile: