Menu

Trying to keep posters and such on the walls...

KristenR

Argh... I seem to have some sort of magic paint on my walls in our new house that refuses to have anything stuck to it. In all my previous houses we've been able to use regular clear packing tape to keep all my charts and posters on the walls. Even my laminated charts with velcro would stay on the wall with enough of the packing tape and still be able to take the velcro pieces on and off without the sign coming off the wall.

This current house has must have some sort of gloss or something that doesn't take to adherence.

I don't want to use thumbtacks and I would hate to resort to duct tape since that always leaves a residual residue.

What works for you guys????

Does that blue teacher's putty really hold things?

We also use the 3M poster strips - here in TX all the walls are weirdly textured (never had that kind of wall before) and the 3M works great! Don't use the blue putty stuff - it is impossible to get off and leaves a gross mark on the wall forever...

I wish I'd known this 6 months ago! Used the blue putty stuff teaching school all over my walls and never had a problem. Put it on the walls in my dining room and now my walls are permenantly discolored everywhere that it was. UGHHH! :glare:

I would like to also say thanks for this post- I've tried the white putty, blue putty, tape, clear mounting squares by 3M... Worse, when my posters fall, one of my cats chews them up. Grrr. I will Google that tape AND buy 3M mounting strips.

I heart this forum, when I posted this question on my local forum, I got so many unhelpful answers. From "you shouldn't use posters" to "your children are worth having to spackle and re-paint every year, use nails." :confused: