Menu

Grrrr!!!! So frustrated! I've tried FIVE times to order from Rainbow Resource!

Just venting here...

I am trying to place my Rainbow Resource order and pay for it with my PayPal account, but I can NOT get Rainbow Resource to sync with my PayPal account. I have PayPal set up to send a security code to my cell phone, but when I click through the Rainbow Resource site to request the code so I can pay for my items, I keep getting this message: "We're sorry. There's been an intermittent communication problem. Please try again later", and it won't send me the code so that I can log on to PayPal. When I try to log on to PayPal without going through Rainbow Resource, I have no problem getting the code sent to my cell phone. However, I can't pay for my order since the two sites won't sync; my order isn't processed, so if I sent the payment via PayPal, Rainbow Resource wouldn't know what it was for! I tried again going through the RR site, and when it took me to PayPal's site, I clicked the link requesting to log in without using the security code, and I provided the answers to my security questions instead. But then it told me that my answers were wrong, and that my identity could not be verified. So I logged on to PayPal without going through RR, changed my security questions, and tried again. No luck; I got the same thing: my identity cannot be verified. Arrrgggghhhhh!!!!

Have you tried contacting RR? I was having some serious issues with their site (it wouldn't display properly at all) and was told it was because I was using Google Chrome and they said that their new site is not compatible with Chrome. She also added that they are currently experiencing much bigger problems than that at the moment and fixing the incompatibility was not high on their priority list due to the other problems. She didn't say what those other problems were, but perhaps it's issues with PP and they know about it & know of a way around them.

I'd give them a call because maybe there is something they can do. I do feel badly for them. All these site changes/issues can't be good for business. :(

Is your web browser Chrome? See this thread

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2973162

And my personal experience - not with RainbowResource but USPS + Paypal. I would purchase postage and then it would show the timeout window. After searching, I found some websites indicating Chrome + Paypal did not work well. I reloaded the same webpage in Internet Explorer and it did fine.

Bottom line, I suggest you try loading the same page in a different browser.

No, it's not Chrome. I talked with a lady named MaryBeth, who was very polite, but was unable to resolve the issue. Apparently, the problem lies in the fact that my PayPal account is protected by a single-use security code that must be sent to my cell phone each time I log in. She said she'd never heard of that.