Menu

Loooonnnnnggggg Shot - Land's End school uniform for MOM?

Skorts are too hot to wear around here; however, I do often wear one of the Lands' End solid or plaid skirts with a polo shirt. Very comfortable, go-anywhere clothing. I like this "ancient preppy" attire; however, inevitably someone will ask me if I am "a teacher" !

I haven't tried their skorts, but I have a few swimsuits from Lands End. Their return policy is excellent, so I say go for it, and if you don't like them, send them back or take them back to a Sears.

I'd love to hear a report back, though, if you decide to get them.

I have had my eye on them for a while. They should be fine. I think as long as you avoid the ones with pleats it should be ok. The pleat ones obviously look like school uniform clothes. I think they might make an adult look like she was channeling Brittany Spears circa 15 years ago. Not a good look.

:iagree: The pleated skirts remind me of cheerleading clothing of lang syne.

I have had my eye on them for a while. They should be fine. I think as long as you avoid the ones with pleats it should be ok. The pleat ones obviously look like school uniform clothes. I think they might make an adult look like she was channeling Brittany Spears circa 15 years ago. Not a good look.

That's true. I would look like a very sad cougar. Anyway, I hate pleats because they require so much dang starch and ironing.

I think they are really cute, especially the third one. I have a few that I bought at Dick's Sporting Goods in the golf section (although they are patterned) and really like them. They look like skirts but since they are skorts they are much more mom friendly!

I think they are really cute, especially the third one. I have a few that I bought at Dick's Sporting Goods in the golf section (although they are patterned) and really like them. They look like skirts but since they are skorts they are much more mom friendly!

Dicks does have some really pretty ones but I found them to be too pricey and too "sunny".

I haven't tried them, but they're all cute! At least they're not denim jumpers, right? ;)
:lol:I wish they were just a tiny bit longer. I like them a lot and sick of wearing jeans. I just picked up a very light-weight pair of slacks that have the roll-up pants legs with the button strap to hold the pants legs up, kwim? I love these too, they have smallish cargo pockets.

:lol:I wish they were just a tiny bit longer. I like them a lot and sick of wearing jeans. I just picked up a very light-weight pair of slacks that have the roll-up pants legs with the button strap to hold the pants legs up, kwim? I love these too, they have smallish cargo pockets.

Yeah, I would like them better a little longer, too. The slacks sound cute. I saw some like that at Kohl's today. I have some capris that I wear for those sick-of-jeans-but-don't-want-to-wear-shorts-either days. They're nice-looking and comfy.

I have the third skort you posted, though I haven't worn it since last year. I thought it would be great for summer, but it's so hot, with the extra layer of shorts underneath and the fabric is dense. I thought the length was fine, but it's just too hot for a Texas summer.