Menu

Please help me find the thread about Horizons Math grade levels

Aludlam

Can someone point me to the thread that discussed what grade each level of Horizons math really is? Meaning that K was actually 1st, etc. I can't seem to find it no matter how I search. I'm sure someone has it saved... PLEASE!

thanks so much

I have taught Horizons through 6th with 6 of my kids. I do not believe that they are anything other than grade level appropriate material. Meaning K is K and 1st is 1st.

:iagree:

Standards have changed now , although I think Horizons is a little advanced in computation and numbers than let's say Singapore but less conceptual .I only used K & 1 and I did not think they were more advanced than what they use now in PS.

(I won't comment on the Horizons levels thing because I've only used book 1 of K.) I found two "recent" ones.

Horizons K math - will we be behind?

and

Is Horizons math considered ahead?

If neither were what you were looking for, post again & I'll look further.

Not exactly the thread I was looking for (it was an old one), but some of the same people also wrote in these ... so THANKS!

I agree with 8. I wouldn't call them "ahead".

*But* for a child who needs a little more time, I think it's not the end of the world if you're a semester or a year behind as long as the child is working consistently, really learning the material, and making progress. A child who finishes H6 in 7th grade can still do Algebra 1 in 8th grade (with a little extra work in 7th and 8th to prepare) or 9th grade (if s/he needs a full year of pre-algebra), and that's perfectly respectable.