Menu

Dry erase crayon question

mo2

I just bought some Crayola dry erase crayons. The kids love them! It came with a little mitt thing to use as an eraser. Problem is, after 2 days, the mitt is pretty much coated with crayon wax. How can I get rid of it? Will washing it work, or will the water just bead up on the wax?

Or, if you use something besides the mitt, what do you use? I don't buy paper towels, and it seems like with any other cloth I would have the same problem with the wax buildup.

It says they wash clean from clothes so I'm thinking you could probably toss it in the wash. Try calling the Crayola customer service number and see what they say.

Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to *try* to wash it anyway. I'm throwing it in the washer now.

I just use a damp dish rag. It takes the crayon off WAY better than the mitt and it washes clean in the washer.

Warning!

I let my dd just have at it, and she drew a huge red heart on our board and colored it in heavily. Well after using multiple cleaners (even writing over it with dry erase pins too) that red dry-erase crayon heart is still on our board. The only thing that even put a dint in it was one of those plastic scrub pads. But being afraid to take the surface off of the board I just left it, and we write over it. EXPO cleaner didn't do a thing either.

THROW THE RED AWAY! if you treasure your board. Or make sure your kids only use it lightly. We didn't have this problem when she just wrote with it in a normal fashion, but that heavily colored heart will not move.

Just in case anyone is wondering I have CRAYOLA dry-erase CRAYONS.

We have gone through boxes of these. None of ours have left any marks at all. the kids usually just use a damp cloth to clean the board. I love these crayons myself. I write a memory verse on our board leave it for a month or more and it still comes off clean with just a little water and a wash cloth.

We have gone through boxes of these. None of ours have left any marks at all. the kids usually just use a damp cloth to clean the board. I love these crayons myself. I write a memory verse on our board leave it for a month or more and it still comes off clean with just a little water and a wash cloth.

But has anyone used them HEAVILY? I mean really heavy. I never had the red do like with normal use before. It always wiped right off with a damp rag. But not after that. It was only left on for about 3 or 4 days.

My son colored many pretty orange pictures on my WALLS!:glare:

It's been a couple of weeks and I haven't cleaned them yet. I can't come up with a good excuse for my wall-cleaning procrastination and laziness. Reading about the red now has me a little worried. I know one of the things I'm no longer procrastinating tomorrow!

I just use a damp dish rag. It takes the crayon off WAY better than the mitt and it washes clean in the washer.

Warning!

I let my dd just have at it, and she drew a huge red heart on our board and colored it in heavily. Well after using multiple cleaners (even writing over it with dry erase pins too) that red dry-erase crayon heart is still on our board. The only thing that even put a dint in it was one of those plastic scrub pads. But being afraid to take the surface off of the board I just left it, and we write over it. EXPO cleaner didn't do a thing either.

THROW THE RED AWAY! if you treasure your board. Or make sure your kids only use it lightly. We didn't have this problem when she just wrote with it in a normal fashion, but that heavily colored heart will not move.

Just in case anyone is wondering I have CRAYOLA dry-erase CRAYONS.

My son colored many pretty orange pictures on my WALLS!:glare:

It's been a couple of weeks and I haven't cleaned them yet. I can't come up with a good excuse for my wall-cleaning procrastination and laziness. Reading about the red now has me a little worried. I know one of the things I'm no longer procrastinating tomorrow!

Try Mr Clean Magic Erasers. They work really well for getting crayon off walls.