Menu

can I just say, moving in summer is awful

it is so hot. I cannot recall a hotter summer ever (probably has been, but this one just seems awful!)

And moving on top of it just makes the heat worse. And for the first time in almost 20 years, we have a 2 story. It is not as easy bounding up and down stairs with laundry as it was 20 years ago.

My whine is over now, pass the chocolate and a cold drink.......

Yep, and we are moving in two weeks... the heat of summer to the maximum.

We are moving from a two story house to a 3 story 1/2 duplex. And the duplex doesn't have A/C yet :crying:.

Hopefully it will be cooler in PA than in IL :glare:.

But I am excited about the move... exhausted already, but excited.

I have Vietnam Vets scheduled to do a pickup this Tuesday. Educational books going to library this week. Big stuff that VV won't take... going to Goodwill.

Bunch of stuff that is in really good shape (kids stuff) I am taking to a kids used store to see if I can get enough credit to buy clothes that Ds#2 and Ds#3 will need. It looks like in the ps schools they will attend, there is a uniform dress code. So 90% of the clothes they have won't do.

I am feeling so good about getting rid of stuff. Spent 10 hours in Ds#2 and Ds#3 bedroom the other day.

I have about half the house packed. Rest is pretty much needing to wait until nearly last minute (current school stuff the kids are using, kitchen stuff, bathroom stuff, and of course summer clothes).

This is the first summer in 4 years that we haven't been moving. I don't envy you at all. In '08 we were coming back down south from Wisconsin. Our poor movers didn't know what hit them. They pulled up at 7:30am and it was in the mid 80s and climbing. When they were loading us the week before, I remember having to rummage for a light sweater because it was a cool day. Those poor guys...

Good luck and stay hydrated!

Yep, it's not so fun at our house right now, either. :glare:

We're moving two weeks from yesterday. The highs every day until we move are crazy; mostly at least 90. And in Michigan, it is NOT a dry heat, LOL.

Oh, and the house we're currently packing up and moving out of? Yeah, it doesn't have central air. :001_huh:

But, I look at it this way; in just 13 more days, I'll have both central air AND a working dishwasher! Yay!

That is, of course, if I actually survive packing and moving in this heat... :tongue_smilie:

We will start our moving process on Monday--with the week of record high heat and humidities. We do though have a lot of time to make the move.

Downside---new house does not have AC (yet) and we have to have 4 acres of land cleared for pasture and get a barn put up in this heat.

I think that dh will vote for getting the AC and THEN stripping wall paper, painting, laying new floors, etc.

:iagree:

We moved last week. 3rd floor apartment. We ARE the movers. :svengo: I feel like I am at a fitness boot-camp. Up and down the stairs, carrying as much as I can every trip.

Our budget and my waistline are going to be making great progress this year...I refuse to purchase anything b/c I have to carry it up the stairs...and what I must purchase (groceries...gah!!!) will give me the workout I can't afford to purchase at the local gym. I used to love watermelon...now they seem like such a "downstairs" kind of food.:001_huh:

:iagree:

We moved last week. 3rd floor apartment. We ARE the movers. :svengo: I feel like I am at a fitness boot-camp. Up and down the stairs, carrying as much as I can every trip.

Our budget and my waistline are going to be making great progress this year...I refuse to purchase anything b/c I have to carry it up the stairs...and what I must purchase (groceries...gah!!!) will give me the workout I can't afford to purchase at the local gym. I used to love watermelon...now they seem like such a "downstairs" kind of food.:001_huh:

LOL, we are the movers too. We sure will get our workout with this move. Glad it is the twins going to have bedrooms on 3rd floor and not me-LOL.

We moved two weeks ago from the hot part of the state to the cool side. The move went pretty smoothly but I have forgotten how hard it is to "break into" a new town. In this case we moved from a small town to an urban city and I'm experiencing culture shock. I just keep telling myself that it will get better AND resist the temptation to feel like a total outsider.