Menu

She makes me laugh

My six year old was out in her garden this morning, happily picking green beans, then cutting some zinnias and a bunch of dill. She made an arrangement of the zinnias and dill in a vase on the kitchen table.

Today at lunch she gushes, "Mommy, I simply love this arrangement! The feathery appearance of the dill, along with the brilliant colors of the zinnias, looks so quaint, don't you agree?"

:001_huh:

I'm thinking, "Are you six years old, or I forget the past ten years?"

:lol:

My six year old was out in her garden this morning, happily picking green beans, then cutting some zinnias and a bunch of dill. She made an arrangement of the zinnias and dill in a vase on the kitchen table.

Today at lunch she gushes, "Mommy, I simply love this arrangement! The feathery appearance of the dill, along with the brilliant colors of the zinnias, looks so quaint, don't you agree?"

:001_huh:

I'm thinking, "Are you six years old, or I forget the past ten years?"

:lol:

:lol: Too cute.

I'm not sure which is more sweet ~ her descriptive commentary or her enthusiasm and pride at her creation!

:iagree:She is happiest when she is creating something. The other day, we were organizing her "stuff" drawer. ;) You know that drawer, right? And she pulled out little rolls of construction paper -- a set of purple, a set of green, a set of blue, each set with a funny "crown" of the same color.

"Sarah, what are those?"

"They are clothes for Buddy Bear." (He's a stuffed bear about 4 inches high). She puts one tube on each leg, the crown on his head, and changes his outfit for special occasions. Purple is for church, blue is for his pajamas, and green is for going outside to play -- so the grass stains don't show. LOL.

I had no idea she created all this, but she sure was proud of it. I love this kid. :Angel_anim::001_wub: If I give this child an empty tissue box, a glue stick, construction paper scraps, and scissors, she will make a little world inside the box and then give it to one of her twin sisters. Did I mention I love this kid?