Menu

What to put in a Logic Stage planner?

I am planning on making a planner/resource book for my 6th, 7th, and 8th graders to help them work more independently. The ones in the store just don't seem to be what I want so I'm going to have to do it myself. I'm creating the pages in Microsoft Word (nothing fancy!) and plan to take the pages to Staples to be printed and spiral bound.

If your Logic Staged child could have a homemade planner, what would you want it to have in it? Here are my initial thoughts

Cover page- with plastic front

Reading log

List of all subjects and how many days per week are required

36 weekly assignment pages (landscape format) with their specific subjects listed on the left side of the chart and Days of the week listed across the top.

Pages listing all the memory work for the year

World Map

Multiplication/Division Facts chart

measurements chart

Ok, anything else?

If you give grades, the grading scale. Along with that, if you grade writing papers, what you expect from the final copy they turn in (search on these boards because some moms have already done this work for you).

Guest Hollow's math sheet is awesome.

I'm sure there are other things, but I can't think of them right now.

This is what my dc have had in theirs for the past two years (6th-9th grade range.)

Sandwiched behind two frosted/clear hard plastic covers and card stock inside that:

Calendar (I use Publisher and customize the calendar with our family's important dates)

Several pages of single-sided weekly schedule pages (they can tear them out when they make a new one)

Planner pages (two pages per week - basically just blank boxes to fill in with their assignments)

Book list pages

Project planner pages

Lined paper

I'm trying to figure out a way to make them, but then add more pages (orchestra practice schedules, etc. as they come in.) I may spring for Circa or something similar.

Edited by angela in ohio