Menu

If you could have chosen your OWN first name, what would you have chosen and why?

My parents meant to have my middle name be Ellen, but when they named me... they changed my first name... and forgot to use Ellen. It's my maternal g-ma and paternal g-ma's names... (middle) so it's special. Darn! I did name my daughter after them. :) My middle was changed to Lynn. I do like my first name better for me, than what they had first chosen.

:)

Rachel or Renee. I don't know why, just like the sound I guess. The first name my parents gave me is ok but people like to give me nicknames I don't like (DeeDee, Big Dee - even though I was small) or they call me Diane. Oh, I used to get called Debbie alot too. Why is Denise so hard to remember?

My dd has an unusual name for an American. I hope she likes it when she's older.

Denise

Since I never knew another girl with my first name, I didn't like it as a kid. I wanted to have the name Lisa, which was very popular and girly - though I was a tomboy. I think it was b/c I had a friend named Lisa who was everything I was not: pretty, doted on by her mom and dad, spoiled w/LOTS (including a white bdrm set and pink canopy!) LOL

Nowadays, I don't think about my name. I am glad that dh and I named our kids for reasons other than "we liked the sounds in that name", as my parents did. I love to hear WHY parents chose the names they did for their dc. I find when I hear the stories, I always end up liking the name no matter how bizarre :D

Mmm, I like Summer or Sky.

Growing up and to this day, when I put my name in at a restaurant, I give them the name Summer. It all started when people would say is that with a Ta or a To ( when I would say my name is Tawnya) It was Ta, but not Tanya- it was T-A-W-N-Y-A , then they would ask me to start all over again. So I just started to say summer, and no one ever asked me how to spell it. LOL

And our youngest's middle name is Skye.