Menu

Has anyone gotten AP scores in the mail yet?

Someone posted on one of my yahoo groups that they received their scores in the mail today. They are in California. I think the East Coast is the last region to receive scores.

Oooo! I'm on the west coast, so I guess I'll go search for the mailbox key and hop out there right away. Thanks for the motivation!

I am so anxious to get the report on our first AP experience, but I don't want to call and pay $8 for each score!!!

How long does it typically take?:toetap05: :D

Just wanted to clarify that it is $8 per call, not per score. One student=1 call even if she took multiple exams.

Terri

Oh, thanks. That's not as bad as I thought then. Still, times are tight!

This is us too. However, my guy is out of country doing a mission trip to Jamaica until late night on the 13th. Last year PA residents got theirs on the 13th according to the list. I'm just going to put it out of my mind (yeah, right) and be patient. The 14th we leave for our visit to Pitt, so it better be in by then! Pitt was the school he had his sent to and schools have them already, so if we don't have his score in by then I plan on asking. Can't hurt to ask.

The same day scores came out he got an e-mail from Pitt asking him to apply early and with a code to apply for free. I've partially wondered if the timing was by coincidence or had anything to do with his score arriving (just one test, but he thinks he did well). He has decent ACT scores already on file with them (freebie), but will be taking his better test scores along with him to update (freebies for those went to other schools he's considering). They aren't requiring an official copy sent if we bring our official copy with us. Some of these little cost assistant perks are quite nice IMO. But, we're in state for Pitt - making it more difficult for him to get the cost assistant perk we really want - super nice merit aid! Time will tell. :tongue_smilie:

But, we're in state for Pitt - making it more difficult for him to get the cost assistant perk we really want - super nice merit aid! Time will tell. :tongue_smilie:

Does Pitt usually offer more merit aid to out of state applicants? I think my oldest son (rising sophomore) will be following a path similar to your rising senior. He has said he has wanted to be a doctor for years now.

If you are able, would you please share how your visit to Pitt goes?

Does Pitt usually offer more merit aid to out of state applicants? I think my oldest son (rising sophomore) will be following a path similar to your rising senior. He has said he has wanted to be a doctor for years now.

If you are able, would you please share how your visit to Pitt goes?

Unfortunately, yes, Pitt is well known for offering their best merit scholarships to out of state students in order to attract geographical diversity. That's not to say we in state folks can't get them, but it's far more competitive and many good stat in state students have gotten just minor financial offers.

And yes, I'll share our views of Pitt when I return. Everyone I know who has shared an experience with the place has loved it, both pre-med and not. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person. IF my guy gets a decent offer from them it may very well be where he goes even though he didn't really want a school quite as large. I'm thinking once he gets in the lab he won't care. The fact that they have their top 15 med school/hospital right there is a bonus too when it comes to shadowing and experiencing things.

But I remind myself that he might not get decent money, so we're still considering other options. He's not allowed to "fall in love" just yet! ;)

Does anyone know when *colleges* receive the scores? I read somewhere the approximate time when the College Board starts mailing the scores to the colleges designated on the exam form, but I can't remember when that is. The dean at our local community college will start reviewing prerequisite overrides next Monday, and I'm wondering if they will have the official score by then ...

Thanks for any info!

~Laura

Does anyone know when *colleges* receive the scores? I read somewhere the approximate time when the College Board starts mailing the scores to the colleges designated on the exam form, but I can't remember when that is. The dean at our local community college will start reviewing prerequisite overrides next Monday, and I'm wondering if they will have the official score by then ...

Thanks for any info!

~Laura

According to posts on college confidential, colleges and instructors already have the scores. Some students have found theirs out that way.

We're on the west coast, and the mailed report showed up today.

I now owe myself an ice cream, as I bet with myself whether I'd be able to hold out and not call for the score. :)

Congratulations! (Both for the score and for holding out for the mail!)

Oh, I didn't expect that (so soon)! Thanks for the info. I'll call and see if they're in!

~Laura

A U.Ga.-bound friend of my dauaghter's was able to check online yesterday to see that she got credit for two of her AP exams, meaning that she got a 4 or 5.

Terri