Menu

Hit me with your best strawberry jam recipe

I have decreed that today will be strawberry jam day in our household.

The very first year we did jam, it turned out beautifully. Alas, that recipe got lost. And ever since, I have been on a quest for a great strawberry jam recipe.

I *know* the hive is hiding it somewhere. :bigear: Please step forward if you have a great recipe. You will earn our eternal gratitude :tongue_smilie:

(we will be starting from fresh strawberries, not frozen. I don't want to sweeten with artificial sweeteners, but I'm open to any natural ones, be it honey, maple syrup, or regular sugar - even if its naturalness is open for debate.)

Cleo, this isn't jam but a sauce recipe. It is super easy; absolutely delicious and freezes well.

1 pint strawberries

1t lemon or orange juice

1T agave syrup (honey or maple syrup would also work)

Blend until smooth, refrigerate or freeze.

A double recipe makes ~2C; I use it with fresh strawberries on waffles and also with Greek yogurt for breakfast. It is totally decadent over brownies and ice cream. Yummy!

It lasts about 5 days in the fridge -- if you can keep it that long.

~Moira

Thanks Pippen

I tried a recipe yesterday but the jam is very liquid. I like the look of yours. I just might have to try again !

If it's soft just letting it sit for a few days or weeks may firm it up some.

If it's really runny and was a non-pectin recipe you can see if cooking it to 220 degrees helps to get it to gel. If it was a pectin recipe there are instructions included (adding more pectin and cooking more) which sometimes work. That's not a preferred route as I think it dilutes the fruit flavor.