Menu

When to start school?

We're moving to Michigan in about 2 1/2 Months and Im debating when to start school.

I know we will need to take off about A Month to get everything situatatied at the new house.

Our School year is usually July-April with breaks for Holidays, So we have summer during the Nicer Weather.

But now since were going to Michigan are school year will be September-End of May and breaks for Holidays.

*We could start school as soon as we get the curriculum in the mail, and have school for about a month and then start school back up in October, Im not sure if i want to do this though because of the break.

Or

*We could wait to start school until October and then have school until The End of June, I'm not sure if i like this either because thats when there nice weather in Michigan

What would you do?

Personally, I would go with October-June. Maybe I would feel differently if I lived in the lower part of the state. But where I live I don't consider June to be really nice weather. I always think of nice summer weather as starting in July and going until sometime in Sept. Most of June has been rainy and cold with a few hot days thrown in.

Edited by Findley2
left out a word

We live in MI- you want to take advantage of the nice weather as much as possible. Don't feel bad about calling school off on a particularly nice day' date=' because there will be PLENTY of days that aren't nice. PLENTY.[/quote']

:lol: I laughed out loud when I read this.

Summer is actually June 21 (or close to it) - September 21 (or close to it). Personally I love fall. I bet September will be beautiful in MI. I grew up in Cleveland and the pool was cold until mid July. Contrast that to Atlanta where the pool is HOT by mid June.

Summer is actually June 21 (or close to it) - September 21 (or close to it). Personally I love fall. I bet September will be beautiful in MI. I grew up in Cleveland and the pool was cold until mid July. Contrast that to Atlanta where the pool is HOT by mid June.

No, in Atlanta the pool is hot in mid April. :D I grew up in the south and never understood why the pools did not open until Memorial Day. It was always warm enough to swim in April!