Menu

Building Our Schoolroom Furniture!

Hello all!

This will be our first year homeschooling and I am so eager to have a room in our home that is designed to help facilitate effective and fun schooling. If I had tons of mula, I'd just pick my favorite pieces of furniture out of the Pottery Barn and Serena and Lily catalogs. But, as it is, I had pretty much NO money to spend!

So, we had a garage sale and raised about $550 to spend on setting up the schoolroom. Then, thankfully, I found Ana White's site with hundreds of free plans on how to build furniture (this is not an advertisement at all...though it's sure starting to sound like one, huh?). I found the exact plans for the table AND storage system I had been eyeing for more than a year!

I recently finished the school table and I'm currently working on building the cubby storage system. I am SO excited and grateful we can have the school room of my dreams on such a limited budget. And, I can honestly say the furniture, etc, is made straight from the heart!

Here's a link to the pictures of the table:

http://onesietwosie.blogspot.com/2011/06/elementary-table-build-complete.html

Just wanted to share this in case there are other mamas/daddy's out there in the same situation.

Thanks!

i just found a table on some school furniture site and emailed it to my husband b/c I want it to be his next project. He actually built our dining room table :) It's great having a handy husband!!

I love your table!! I can't wait to see the rest of your pieces!! :D