Menu

Need cleaning advice please!

My master bath shower has lovely tile & and ugly white shower base. This shower base will not come clean! I've tried all kinds of cleaners, bleach, non-bleach, soap scum remover, foaming, non-foaming, even CLR this morning (although the CLR worked some). Nothing gets it completely clean!

Please help!

Do we have the same shower base???

I tried many things on mine, too. Finally, in desperation, I used an actual scrubbie thing on it, you know, a stainless steel scrubbie thing, the kind "they" always tell you not to use.

Cleaned that floor like new, and because the surface was slightly pebbled (to keep us from skidding around in our bare feet, lol), there were no scratches.

You could try using a magic eraser.

That didn't work for me. Neither did Barkeeper's Friend, Kaboom!, or anything else. Nothing worked except the scrubbie thingie. I'm guessing it had to do with the slightly pebbled surface? At any rate, I use Barkeeper's Friend on my kitchen sink and it does a fine job; it just wasn't doing the job on the shower base.

That didn't work for me. Neither did Barkeeper's Friend, Kaboom!, or anything else. Nothing worked except the scrubbie thingie. I'm guessing it had to do with the slightly pebbled surface? At any rate, I use Barkeeper's Friend on my kitchen sink and it does a fine job; it just wasn't doing the job on the shower base.

I think we do have the same shower floor - annoying pebbled surface...

I'll try a scrubbie thingie! :D