Menu

I would like to thank Luckymama.....

Luckymama,

Thank you so much for arranging the dinner for everyone at the RFWP Valley Forge convention. It definitely helped to take the stress off the evening after we learned of Dr. K.'s auto accident. ALso, thank you for picking folks up and bringing them to the airport. It was so wonderful to meet you and I wish I lived closer to my WTM peeps! I feel like we were instant friends!

Again, thank you for helping make the conference a success!

Capt Uhura

Luckymama,

Thank you so much for arranging the dinner for everyone at the RFWP Valley Forge convention. It definitely helped to take the stress off the evening after we learned of Dr. K.'s auto accident. ALso, thank you for picking folks up and bringing them to the airport. It was so wonderful to meet you and I wish I lived closer to my WTM peeps! I feel like we were instant friends!

Capt Uhura

:iagree: Luckymama is the bomb diggity. :D (You all realize that the "bomb diggity" phrase has pretty much instantly become part of the Hive lexicon after this weekend, right? lol!)

On the way to the conference, Dr. K and his wife were side-swiped by an 18-wheeler. It totaled the rental vehicle. The truck didn't stop so they had to chase him down. He finally stopped. Then they had to wait for the cops, and then it took 2hrs for the rental company to come w/ another vehicle. There was glass everywhere, in their hair, stuck on their skin. They had to leave HALF of what they had for the conference (schedules, credit card machine, books) in the van since the rental company only had an SUV. So instead of registration at 4-5pm, it was from 9-10pm. But everyone was very understanding and very relaxed about it all and were mostly worried about Dr. K. and his wife.

Yes "bomb diggity!"

Luckymama,

Capt Uhura

Even though we weren't signed up for meals, I'll thank Luckymama also! I loved meeting her (and all of the rest of you).

So here's something weird. When Tom left at the end of the conference, I called out, "No more accidents, ok?" And then that night we left and... were rear-ended on I-95 by a truck. Everyone is fine, the car barely has any damage, but it was weird after saying that to Tom.

When the cops came, they shined a flashlight over my bumper and said everything looked ok. They asked if I saw anything different. They were shining the light on my bumper stickers, so I said, "Oh look! I'm still a Democrat!" :001_smile: (Hope that isn't considered too political for the board!)

I had heard about the car accident, just not this particular quote. I don't even know what it's supposed to mean!

Whenever MCT was talking about something he was very enthusiastic about, he would say "it is the bomb diggity." He said this about grammar, about poetry, about literature, etc. He apparently likes this term a lot. It was just funny. :)

Yes, thank you so much Karen...I enjoyed dinner on Thursday night and had fun the entire weekend...

I didn't realize the details of the accident Tom was in...I am very glad he was okay...We got along without the missing items, and the conference was still a success in my opinion...

Jennifer, I am so glad to hear you and the kids are okay...I am sorry you got hit, but happy to hear you guys are fine...

We must do this again next year...Everything but the accidents that is :tongue_smilie:

Yes, thank you so much Karen...I enjoyed dinner on Thursday night and had fun the entire weekend...

I didn't realize the details of the accident Tom was in...I am very glad he was okay...We got along without the missing items, and the conference was still a success in my opinion...

Jennifer, I am so glad to hear you and the kids are okay...I am sorry you got hit, but happy to hear you guys are fine...

We must do this again next year...Everything but the accidents that is :tongue_smilie:

Not to sound like a groupie (or stalker!), but :iagree:. Jennifer, that was scary! And hopefully being a democrat -or announcing the fact- won't get either of us booted off!!:lol:

Not to sound like a groupie (or stalker!), but :iagree:. Jennifer, that was scary! And hopefully being a democrat -or announcing the fact- won't get either of us booted off!!:lol:

Now you both have to go sit in the corner. :tongue_smilie: Just kidding!!! At least you can manage to pick a party, unlike me. I wish I could vote buffet-style. This guy for this issue, that guy for that issue, etc. lol!

Karen, you're a riot! I can't even vote, darn it. Another year left before I am eligible for Citizenship (after 14 years in the country).

Ahhhh, the option to vote and democratically be a part of the process. Can't wait! There are things we take for granted here in life, right...

I do :lol:. As much as possible, anyway.

The convention sounded wonderful. I wish I wasn't on the other side of the country!

Oh I mean even for the same office. :lol: All the candidates have some views I agree with and others I think are positively stupid. I think the only answer is running for president myself. But I wouldn't want to take any lip from anyone so I'd have to move somewhere that will let me just be the evil dictator I was meant to be. :tongue_smilie:

Karen, you're a riot! I can't even vote, darn it. Another year left before I am eligible for Citizenship (after 14 years in the country).

Ahhhh, the option to vote and democratically be a part of the process. Can't wait! There are things we take for granted here in life, right...

Wow how exciting!!!

Luckymama, you are the best:001_wub:!

Nadia, we'll have a party, maybe we can schedule the next conference around your big day!;) (Little Jumana can dance with us!)

I went to all the MCT lectures, how on earth did I miss "bomb diggity??":001_huh:

Well, I look forward to going another time when I'll not have a baby and will feel free to actually talk and chat at free will (and eat even!!!). Love the baby, but she gotta go at conference-time....:lol:

Dawn, you are fine company. I also felt a bit out of it at times (see above) plus being an introvert. It's all good. Baby-steps of socializing. I enjoyed chatting a bit with you and with some others in the odd moments here and there, but talking "shop" felt a bit overwhelming amidst all the input and stimuli there!