Menu

Prima Latina

Here's what our schedule for Prima Latina looked like...

Monday: Introduce Lesson

Tuesday: CD Drill, Speaking & Writing/Learn

Wednesday: Lesson Questions & Translate

Thursday: Review Questions & Fun Practice

This worked out very well for us. It's similar to the schedule suggested in the front of the guide. Hope that helps!

We did it in about 3 days a week usually:

First day:

listen to C.D. of lesson, talk about the lesson, do flashcard review

2nd day:

listen to C.D, review flashcards, dd did the first page of workbook work

3rd day:

listen to C.D., review flashcards, finish up workbook

All Week: We use the practical latin sayings and prayers daily. Each Latin class period, we reviewed as much of the practical latin and speaking that we could do (saying hello teacher and students, stand up, sit down, etc. in Latin)

Ok, I'm going to get in here on this thread because we're starting that this fall, too. But I've got the DVD. Anyone do the DVD? I've watched a couple of lessons and I'm wondering if the people who do the DVD watch the lessons in part or in whole? Do you watch it more than once a week? Or just once and then review on your own the rest of the week.

We did it in about 3 days a week usually:

First day:

listen to C.D. of lesson, talk about the lesson, do flashcard review

2nd day:

listen to C.D, review flashcards, dd did the first page of workbook work

3rd day:

listen to C.D., review flashcards, finish up workbook

All Week: We use the practical latin sayings and prayers daily. Each Latin class period, we reviewed as much of the practical latin and speaking that we could do (saying hello teacher and students, stand up, sit down, etc. in Latin)

This was our schedule too. I started using the DVD with my first child, but quickly found I could teach it in a shorter amount of time. We didn't like the DVD so just used the CD. Really, Prima is mostly just vocab, it's not difficult to teach at all... I had no previous Latin experience.

That being said, I'm trying the DVD for the first time for Latina Christiana I (I taught it without for my oldest) and First Form... hope they are a bit better... I need to lower my teaching load! :D

We use the Prima Latina DVD. We do Latin 3 days a week.

My daughter watches the lesson on Monday.

On Tuesday, she does the first of the two review pages.

On Wednesday, she does the second of the two review pages.

Every day, she and I do flash cards both Latin to English and English to Latin. (We do the whole stack all the way through with her reading English & telling me Latin and me reading Latin telling her English ... then we do the other way.)