Menu

Tell me about your favorite planners!

I need to keep a more detailed log this year so I'm not sure I want that in my planner or not.

One thing I know is that a hyper involved and detailed planner will not work for someone like me.

I need a monthly calendar and a pretty open ended daily but I'd love to hear about whatever you've used and what you love (or don't) about it!

:bigear:

For school, I use a teacher's planner from Office Depot with days going across and subjects going down (I have to have it that way. That's just how my brain works!). For my other planning, I have a purse size calendar that I always have with me. I try to get one with boxes as big as possible. I keep all important phone numbers there as well as other important info, like books that I want to check out, etc. I realize that alot of this could be done on my cell phone, but I'm just not that technologically saavy yet! I also have a week at a glance type planner on my night stand (about 5x7) that I get from Walmart. This is where I plan my week outside of school. Each evening before I go to bed I look over the next day's activities and add to them as necessary. Maybe that is a little much, but it works for me!

Anybody use their own binder and print daily sheets?? I already have created our chore charts, schedules, etc... and it would be nice to just keep using my binder and be able to print daily planning sheets and monthly calendars.

Have you looked at donnayoung.org?

Have you looked at donnayoung.org?

I use a lot of different sheets from Donna Young and then just put them into my binder. I use the yearly calendar that has the months on the top and the days listed down the side. I put a - on the days that are scheduled days off and a C on our co-op days, so that I always know when we have a break coming up. (We do 6 weeks on/1 week off.)

Then I have the attendance sheets that show a yearly calendar over two pages. You just mark the days they are present, add them up each week, then add up the month.

I am also going to try using a couple of her other items this coming year, too, like the Excel workbook that keeps track of grades and attendance and a planner page in Excel that I can just jot down what assignments my girls complete each day. (I find that planning way in advance SO does not work for my personality!) I will then print that out when it's full and add it to the binder with the other sheets.

We don't have to keep records of any kind here, but I want to be prepared, just in case. :D

I use a lot of different sheets from Donna Young and then just put them into my binder. I use the yearly calendar that has the months on the top and the days listed down the side. I put a - on the days that are scheduled days off and a C on our co-op days, so that I always know when we have a break coming up. (We do 6 weeks on/1 week off.)

Then I have the attendance sheets that show a yearly calendar over two pages. You just mark the days they are present, add them up each week, then add up the month.

I am also going to try using a couple of her other items this coming year, too, like the Excel workbook that keeps track of grades and attendance and a planner page in Excel that I can just jot down what assignments my girls complete each day. (I find that planning way in advance SO does not work for my personality!) I will then print that out when it's full and add it to the binder with the other sheets.

We don't have to keep records of any kind here, but I want to be prepared, just in case. :D

Thanks, great ideas from everyone!!

Edited by Stacie Leigh