Menu

Does anyone happen to know when this will be released?

I have been looking over the WWS5 sample and I really want to use it with my DD11. I am now re-thinking grammar, because WWS5 states that the lessons correspond to ALL. I am wondering if we will have samples of ALL to use alongside the WWS5 sample.

Unfortunately I start my school year in July, so I am a little worried about changing my grammar choice this late, but I would if the sample of ALL is as fabulous as WWS.

:iagree: After reading through the huge WWS5 sample, I finally 'get' the big picture that SWB has been trying to lay out. I love the direction she has gone and I can't wait to get started.

That is why I was so excited when we were beta testing. It was laid out in such an understandable way. And I have to say that the writing I am getting from my kids is a whole lot better than before we started beta testing.

Some of that is probably just practice and maturity. But I think the over instruction in how to make an outline and how to write from one are wonderful.

I am just printing the 5 week Advanced Language Lesson sample that I received this morning. It is not going to be available in pdf form until at least December, and possibly print in January.

I am thinking that I will go ahead and start on GWG5 this summer, maybe doubling up the lessons, and then we will review with ALL5, when it is available. There is no such thing as too much grammar is there?:tongue_smilie:I say this, because I take a CM approach to grammar and do not start until 3rd Grade.

The PDF should be available well before December--I'm not exactly sure of a target date, but I'll let you know when the timeline is clearer.

For anyone who's interested, I just posted the first five weeks at the welltrainedmind.com blog:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/resource-roundup/new-grammar-and-writing-resources/

Full table of contents and updated samples of Writing With Skill coming shortly...

Susan

The PDF should be available well before December--I'm not exactly sure of a target date, but I'll let you know when the timeline is clearer.

For anyone who's interested, I just posted the first five weeks at the welltrainedmind.com blog:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/resource-roundup/new-grammar-and-writing-resources/

Full table of contents and updated samples of Writing With Skill coming shortly...

Susan

Thanks for the update, Susan. I really want to use ALL with WWS. I love the direction you are heading!

:auto::auto::auto::auto::auto::auto:

Susan

Susan

Thank you! It looks great! I'm so glad to see that it will be a four book series. No more hunting for grammar programs, we are set!!!

Edited by Pata

ALL is impressive! I love that SWB uses passages from stories to teach the parts of speech!! This seems like such a basic idea, but all the grammar programs I've seen never really let you see the "big picture" and use a lot of unrelated, boring sentences to teach the parts of speech. I'm really excited to use it!! :001_smile:

• 1 month later...
Guest JRuscella

I am curious. I purchased First Language Lessons Level 4 for my son who is going into 5th grade. He has not done any of the FLL series, so I thought that I should do FLL4 and then move forward. But now I am wondering if I should just start with the Advanced Language Lessons Level 1 instead. He has never done sentence diagramming, etc. - this is only our second year of homeschooling. He knows the basics of Nouns, verbs, adverbs, etc. Any assistance would be appreciated! Thank you!! Joanne