Menu

For those who are expecting,

We found out for this one, but didn't find out for the last two. I like the surprise, but I was having a really hard time being excited about this pregnancy and decided that finding out might help me bond with the baby. I always felt like the minority when we didn't find out, too - but one of the nurses at my doctor's office said it's about 50/50....

I'm definitely in the minority ... we find out but we don't share! It really makes people angry, so now we fib and say "it's a surprise". I did have to lie outright when people asked after the ultrasound if we found out what it was. If I had said yes but refused to tell, they'd never leave me alone.

I like having something just between DH and myself for a while. Once I announce I'm pregnant that's shared, and everyone tries to butt in on names and shopping. (Well, with my first, they wanted to buy for me ... I wanted to shop myself. Now they just try to tell me what to buy ... with my own money! :tongue_smilie:).

I wanted to but the hospital I'm going to for pre-natal care and delivery (I wanted the local maternity hospital with it's hotel-like rooms rather then a local general hospital :))has a policy against telling anything, including gender, for non-medical reasons.

We knew for the other two so the idea of it being a surprise is new to us. :)

I'm not expecting, but if possible, I'll always find out. My sil is expecting and is only a couple weeks from the ultrasound where they could find out and they haven't decided yet if they will or not! I soooo hope that they do. I told her I'd help her plan a party to announce- pink and blue decorations and then a big reveal! It would be so exciting!!!!!