Menu

Don't know whether to laugh or cry...

When everything in our lives is completely topsy turvey, yeah, let's throw a pregnancy into the mix (cry)

Are we staying in VA? Are we moving to Italy?

Should we buy the land? Should we walk away and forget about it?

And that's just the tip of the turmoil in our lives.

My parents will be thrilled. My husband's parents will be floored.

I'm sitting in stunned silence. I'll be 40 for this one. My oldest will be 9.5.

I'd ask why... but my husband and I were just talking about (like last night), that there is only so much we can control with this issue -- and that if God wanted us to have another baby, He'd make sure we did. <laugh>

Oh, congratulations!! That's *so* where we are. We'd always wanted at least 4 dc, but after #2, we spent a yr trying w/out any luck. We were told that we might not be able to have any more.

We finally got pg w/ #3 & figured our lives were enough in order that we'd start trying for #4 right away--as in, when #3 was 9-12mos old.

But then dh started seminary, quit his job, & everything was up in the air. #3 turned 3MONTHS old & I was pg, w/out trying. And we're supposed to *at least* have trouble getting pg! LOL

So here we are w/ no ins, no job, one car that is stuffed to the brim w/ 3 dc, & dh is in his 1st semester of seminary. And I'm pg!

But God has provided. We've been given $. We've gotten a letter saying we were owed more $ on the house we just sold. We've been given a car. And ultimately? We'll have the 4 dc we always wanted w/out the angst of having to decide whether or not to plan this one when we couldn't have seen a way to afford it.

I'm trepidatiously thrilled. Does that even make sense? Congratulations, & may this child *always* be seen for the blessing & wonderful surprise that he/she is!! :grouphug:

Wow! Congratulations. I didn't laugh or cry with the last one. It was sort of a stunned silence, followed by a lot of incoherant muttering, then crying, then laughing. I'm fine now. ;)

It'll work out! Enjoy!

I'm actually fine... just stunned. We already have names for girl/boy (Abigail Sophia Joy or Benjamin David).

Made my appointment with the midwife...

DH & I have laughed over it (I texted him).

Not telling anyone else -- but went and started downing the vitamins.

I'm actually fine... just stunned. We already have names for girl/boy (Abigail Sophia Joy or Benjamin David).

Made my appointment with the midwife...

DH & I have laughed over it (I texted him).

Not telling anyone else -- but went and started downing the vitamins.

I *love* that the 5th kid is a text message! :lol:

And I *love* the names!

I was 40 for my last baby. She is the one who is going to take care of me in my old age :). She is the most organized person I have ever met. She just turned 9 and has already become my social secretary, my grocery list reminder, my birthday/other events reminder and every time we drive by the gas station she asks if we should stop and fill up!! I've never met anyone quite like her but I sure appreciate all she does for me.

God knows what's best. Just embrace the moment with joy:).

Kathleen in VA (Stafford, which is very near Frederiscksburg)

www.homeschoolblogger.com/lavendersblue

I had found out I was pregnant with Matthew a week before my 40th birthday. I wound up spending 8 days in the hospital due to my diabetes. I spent my 40th birthday about three weeks pregnant sitting in my hospital bed.

I'm sure that things will work out. God is there during our storms... He has carried me though mine and I am sure He'll carry you through yours... :grouphug:

Congratulations!

My youngest was a very special surprise! We hadn't planned it, but she has been such a JOY in our lives! Her middle name is Joy, which fits her so well! Her oldest brother's name is Benjamin, so I think you've chosen GREAT names! :)

When everything in our lives is completely topsy turvey, yeah, let's throw a pregnancy into the mix (cry)

Are we staying in VA? Are we moving to Italy?

Should we buy the land? Should we walk away and forget about it?

And that's just the tip of the turmoil in our lives.

My parents will be thrilled. My husband's parents will be floored.

I'm sitting in stunned silence. I'll be 40 for this one. My oldest will be 9.5.

I'd ask why... but my husband and I were just talking about (like last night), that there is only so much we can control with this issue -- and that if God wanted us to have another baby, He'd make sure we did. <laugh>

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." --John Lennon

Congratulations!!