Menu

After Blob Maps?

Hunter

What do YOU do after finally being successful at drawing a blob map?

It took me 3 months to figure out how to do it :-0 Partly I was being thick, and partly a perfectionist. But I've managed to do it!! :-) My blobs are even recognizable as the continents.

I'm trying to create a simple key to use on my world and single continent maps. The only examples of climate/biomes that looks simple enough to work on these hand drawn maps, that I have seen, are in National Geographic Beginner's World Atlas.

Too bad the pages are way too big to photocopy. I'd like to be able to add the information to the frankentextbook geography textbook I am putting together. I just wish this information was available in 8 1/2 x 11, in simple color coding or black and white patterns. I guess I'll have to color in printable maps for my frankentextbook pages.

So do YOU move onto a political map, or a climate/biome map, or something entirely different? And what do you use for resources?

For example, my ds was also learning the "Geography songs" for Africa, so he would draw his "blobs" that are close to the actual continent shape, then he would draw in the countries for the song that he was on. It's working wonderful! When we listen to the news and they talk about a country that I have heard of, but don't know the location, he can always tell me where it is.

Hot Lava Mama

The only thing I HATE about the iPad is that flash webpages don't work :-( I'll have to pull out the overheating netbook later and take a look. Thanks Stripe!

imrich, search for "Blob maps" and "core geography".

Hot Lava Mama, I'll have to order that. Where is the best place to buy it?

I checked out the National Geographic maps. They look really good. Thanks Stripe! I think I will use those to start labeling countries. I think I am going to put off drawing countries for awhile and use the 7 biomes in the beginner atlas for my freehand maps, and printable maps for countries.