Menu

Great day today, how was everyone else's day?

I had a great day today and thought I'd share.

The kids and I finished their last day of standardized testing after I woke up to find them thoroughly cleaning their rooms.

Then we went to Sonic for a slush, and then off to Barnes and Noble.

After coming home our Amazon boxes with some new board games (money bags and pharaoh phonics) came.

I got my new Amazon card in the mail and was able to order all our new curricula for next fall while earning points (Yeah!)

Then the kids asked if DH and I would like to go out for dinner alone so they could stay home and watch a blu-ray movie.

DH and I were able to also go to Target to pick up some new shirts and shorts for the boys and new roller skates for all 3 kids.

Lastly DH told me to go ahead and order the Spiral coil binder I have been wanting as well as a ton of coils to go with it.

So how was your day?

The baby crawled FORWARDS for the first time today!!! He's been going backwards for about two months and was NOT pleased about that fact, lol. He's not comfy going forwards yet but he did it! Twice!

He also started sitting up on his own completely & balancing himself there today, and that he pretty much mastered. He was sitting up on his own several times for quite a while, playing with things in front of him. :D

I got another FSOT package (Lyrical Life Science).

Dh & I ordered some cool "black Jesus" art prints from France. Very poignant pieces.

I made chicken enchiladas for dinner. I am around a 2 on the cook scale so that's a pretty good move for me, lol!

I scored some fun things at a garage sale today, too.

Ours was great! DH built a garden box for veggies a few weeks ago. We went and picked out some Roma, Jalepeno peppers, Meximix Peppers, Onions and strawberries today and got the box all set up. We call it the salsa box. :)

I took the girls to the library and they picked out some new books. DD [5] is obsessed with Margaret Wise Brown books.

This is my first weekend off in over a year and I have so much to do. I am gutting/cleaning my house starting tomorrow so I have been trying to get ready for that as well.

Lastly, I ordered HOD for both girls today.

PS: I am currently looking at the new nook. it's cute and small and I kinda want it. For School Purposes of course.

Edited by my3luvbugs990105

It was a great day here! Last day for the science classes I teach and my own dc have only a week or so of math to finish up!

Dh came home early and we went out to supper (by ourselves!) then strolled through Home Depot and Quality Supply. That man is so romantic! And now he's on vacation for a week, we're going to hang drywall!

It doesn't get much better, and I'm really not kidding.

Ours was great! DH built a garden box for veggies a few weeks ago. We went and picked out some Roma, Jalepeno peppers, Meximix Peppers, Onions and strawberries today and got the box all set up. We call it the salsa box. :)

I took the girls to the library and they picked out some new books. DD [5] is obsessed with Margaret Wise Brown books.

This is my first weekend off in over a year and I have so much to do. I am gutting/cleaning my house starting tomorrow so I have been trying to get ready for that as well.

Lastly, I ordered HOD for both girls today.

PS: I am currently looking at the new nook. it's cute and small and I kinda want it. For School Purposes of course.

Here is a funny! We have to drive 45 min each way to our horses approx 3x a week. It is frustrating for me because I think we lose so much school time. Last week I got the free android math app for my Nook. All 4 kids take turns going thru math flash cards at their levels. DS5 went from adding numbers 1-3 to 1-6 just in our round trip! ;)

Sounds like a wonderful day, Kel.

I had a peaceful day. I *think* we had our last day of school. Ds may go to work with dh next week, and we've accomplished as much as we're going to this year.

I got to order some of the books for next year. I usually have them ALL by now, so I've been a little irritated about lack of funds. I did find some deals on amazon so that's good.

I'm now watching Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy with ds. We've seen it about 42 times, but we love it.

So peaceful day, I'll thank that right now.

Here is a funny! We have to drive 45 min each way to our horses approx 3x a week. It is frustrating for me because I think we lose so much school time. Last week I got the free android math app for my Nook. All 4 kids take turns going thru math flash cards at their levels. DS5 went from adding numbers 1-3 to 1-6 just in our round trip! ;)

and it's only $135....but it's not color. I can't decide how necessary color is.

My day turned out better than I had thought it would. I only had one blip in my day and that was our new lawn mover (I have only used it twice) has died. :glare:

I spent most of my day baking cookies and brownies for dd's youth group tonight. It took most of my day because I also had to make the same things for my kids. It was supposed to rain today. I was tense about driving dd to youth group in the rain as we live on a gravel road and rain makes the road very soupy and difficult to drive on. The rain waited until I got home. Yay!

We came across the Season 2 DVD of the Bionic Woman while we were in town tonight. My youngest is a happy girl. She loves Jamie Somers. :001_smile:

I had the joy of trying on some clothes and finding them way too big. :D I haven't seen the scale go down much so didn't think I was getting anywhere. It's just the thing I needed to give me motivation to step it up and keep working towards my goal (I have 100 lbs to lose).

It was a good day for us, too. My two homeschoolers finished up all their work for the year, and my husband is beginning to learn verbs again. (I know that sounds like a joke, but it isn't! :) See my signature.)

That is awesome about your husband, not the stroke but the progress! Congrats to you!