Menu

Irrationally bummed :(

I put our infant car seat together tonight and I can't find the head insert thing that keeps baby's head from flopping around. It's not necessary, but it always makes me feel like they are more comfortable. My last baby only used it for like two weeks, but I'm still bummed I can't find it for the new babe! Like almost to the point of tears!

:(

Ah, blessed hormones! :grouphug: Honey, console yourself with some ice cream and then grab a receiving blanket. Lovingly roll it and seal it with a kiss, then put it in the car seat. Your new babe will appreciate your effort. :grouphug: I totally understand your frustration. If you're anything like me you'll scare your dh half to dealth because you'll shriek EUREKA! at 3am when you remember where it is. :lol:

Ah, blessed hormones! :grouphug: Honey, console yourself with some ice cream and then grab a receiving blanket. Lovingly roll it and seal it with a kiss, then put it in the car seat. Your new babe will appreciate your effort. :grouphug: I totally understand your frustration. If you're anything like me you'll scare your dh half to dealth because you'll shriek EUREKA! at 3am when you remember where it is. :lol:

:iagree: with all of it :D

Ah, blessed hormones! :grouphug: Honey, console yourself with some ice cream and then grab a receiving blanket. Lovingly roll it and seal it with a kiss, then put it in the car seat. Your new babe will appreciate your effort. :grouphug:

:iagree: I did this with both my babies because they were so small I didn't want them sliding around. If it helps, it's what the nurses in the NICU (neo-natal intensive care unit) do, too.

I put our infant car seat together tonight and I can't find the head insert thing that keeps baby's head from flopping around. It's not necessary, but it always makes me feel like they are more comfortable. My last baby only used it for like two weeks, but I'm still bummed I can't find it for the new babe! Like almost to the point of tears!

:(

LOL, I just had a baby on April 9, and a few weeks before I was washing the car seat cover and generally getting ready when I realized I also could not find that little thing. I reacted pretty much the same way as you, and I devoted great mental energy trying to think of where it could possibly be (and great physical energy checking all those places out)! Eventually I gave up. Several days later I was getting something out of a buffet cabinet thing in our dining room. I noticed a few baby blankets in there, and voila! There was the head insert too! No idea what it was doing in there, and definitely not a place that it would ever have occurred to me to look in!

So my advice is give up, LOL--after checking any furniture pieces in your dining room! :D

What a bummer! Do you have amazon prime or amazon mom? This one is only $7 and it doesn't have the back padding that may (or may not) interfere with the angle of incline/car seat safety:

http://www.amazon.com/Kiddopotamus-Cradler-Adjustable-Newborns-Toddlers/dp/B0007CQ6XG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1306561740&sr=8-4

check ebay too, I think I remember purchasing one there for cheap way back when I had a little boy on the way. We used it in the swing since it wasn't safe for the car seat, and just used a rolled up blanket in the car seat.