Menu

Selling used/new curriculum...

do you feel you do better selling your old curriculum/books on the internet, at a used curriculum sale at a local co-op or waiting to sell your things at the yearly convention(which we have coming up here in Virginia next month)?

I have a bonus room full of books:001_huh:where did they all come from?:confused:lol!

I cannot answer as a seller, since I have only sold a few books (that were on the internet). Now as a buyer I tend to buy more from the internet. Probably because I really don't have any where near me that sells curriculum.

I generally do better on the internet, but I've never tried a convention. I've tried a co-op once and didn't do too well. but we really didn't have any buyers show up. What I would do is post your stuff on the internet and then when the co-op bookfair or the convention rolls around take what didn't sell and see if you could sell them there. HTH

I do better with the internet . I tried co-op as well along time ago when we had one and didn't sell much of anything . Never tried a convention so I don't know .

I don't know any homeschoolers in our area so I've had to buy off the internet . I know when we move here in three weeks there are three homeschoolers in the same area . I don't think they use the same stuff that we do though .

You'll probably make more money on the internet, but it's only worth it if you don't mind the hassle of posting, packaging, and mailing.

Personally, I hate mailing stuff. I have a table FULL of extra Sonlight stuff that I need to sell, and the thought of having to pack it up has made me put it off . . .

I list online usually - few different boards and eBay - and in past years have done very well with selling. This year seems different. Things are selling much more slowly.

In years past I have tried our co-op sale, but didn't do as well as online.:001_smile:

I wanted to sell books at local fairs but the few there are around here have been cancelled due to lack of participation. Made me wonder if more and more people are doing it online! I guess it's easier to get the price you want online.

I guess I'm forced to go online to sell!

I've done best selling on-line. I have soooo many books that I need to get rid of! I like to give as good of a price as I can to other homeschoolers. And when I buy, I like to buy from homeschoolers first--either here on the For Sale board, or from other places on-line that are homeschool families.

I've appreciated having this board to buy and sell on! It's been great!