Menu

s/o Eyeglasses for adult women

It's funny the other post showed up today, because I was thinking of asking about frames for me. I need new glasses, and will get new frames. I have wire rimmed frames because 1) they were still in fashion when I got my glasses and 2) I wear them all the time, so I need light frames.

So my questions are:

Are the more popular thick frames only for younger people? I'm in my 50's.

and

If I do go with the current style, are they made of light enough material that I won't be sorry I didn't stick with wire frames?

I'm 33, and I wear these:

3520_Black.jpg

I actually bought them as my spare pair, and thought these wire-rimmed ones would be my main pair, but they are so comfortable and DH likes them so much that I now wear the plastic ones almost all the time.

These look almost exactly like my pair! Mine are a bit more cat eye shaped but super close. And they are light and very comfortable. I don't wear glasses that often but these ones are very attractive on me.

Good luck. I hate shopping for glasses more than I hate shopping for a swim suit!

I'm in my 40's and wear some modern fun ones, but they do get a bit heavy after a long day or if I have a headache. The one thing that I've had that absolutely drove me nuts were the wide sides. When the side pieces are wide (similar to the ones shown, but mine were even a little wider) it interferes with my peripheral vision. Most of the time I could deal with it, but I would take them off for driving. :001_huh:

3520_Black.jpg

I actually bought them as my spare pair, and thought these wire-rimmed ones would be my main pair, but they are so comfortable and DH likes them so much that I now wear the plastic ones almost all the time.

When I am wearing glasses, I wear a pair like these. I wear contacts most of the time. I ordered from zennioptical.com. Cheap and cool. I am 44, and I think my glasses are supercool.:D

When the side pieces are wide (similar to the ones shown, but mine were even a little wider) it interferes with my peripheral vision. Most of the time I could deal with it, but I would take them off for driving. :001_huh:

Thanks, that's important to know. I can't take mine off for driving or I won't see anything - I'm nearsighted.

I used to wear contacts except for at night (never could get used to extended wear), but the past few years my allergies have been so bad that I can't wear them anymore. I keep saying I'm going to go back to contacts, but I've gotten so used to glasses again, that I don't feel like contacts are worth it anymore.

The thick frames are popular for everyone. Husband has them and they look great on him. I've chosen new wire frames because I think they look better on me - my face is angular and strongly put together (almost-black hair and eye-brows, pale skin, aquiline nose) so a softer curve looks better.

Laura

3520_Black.jpg

Mine look JUST LIKE THIS! Except the outside of the frames are red and the inside of the earpieces are neon pink.

I'm not normally into bright colored glasses, but I like these! And they are very light.

ETA:::: yeah, and I'm 45yo, so they aren't just for teens....