Menu

Can I use GWG instead of FLL with

mo2

WWE and then WWS? I know SWB's grammar and writing programs are designed to go together, but can you substitute a different grammar program? I'm certain you can in WWE, but I haven't seen WWS yet, so not sure on that one.

We started this about 4-6 wks ago, and it's going well so far. (We're using WWE2 and GWG3.) I feel like there was a lot of repetition between WWE and FLL that we didn't need. I'll be curious to hear what others think of this combo since we've just started.

We've done this for a year. It's been great. I don't find a lot of overlap at all between WWE and GWG, but just some gentle reinforcement with WWE ("point out to your child the contraction in the second sentence...")

:iagree::iagree::iagree: We did GWG 1 and 2 with WWE 1, then GWG 3 with WWE 2 and started 3. Now we are on GWG 4, WWE 3, and some MCT couch time. It is a very nice combo.

Oh, oh, and I have to comment. We had an amazing co-incidence today. In GWG 4 there is a section where the child crosses out the complete predicate and, using the complete subject, makes a new sentence. Kiddo would write his, and I write mine. It is a game we play.

So, we had "Three cows......" to complete. Out of the blue, with no discussion of anything like this *ever* in my memory, we both came up with "Three cows were slaughtered". Genes, I tell you, are EERIE.

Edited by kalanamak

I don't think WWE needs a specific grammar program along side it. You could do no grammar program, FLL, or any other grammar program, IMO.

The best choices are the ones that work for your family & get done consistently. *words of wisdom from the Hive*